0.9

Mia was becoming more impatient with Max. She knew he had said he would end it with Jennifer. But she felt like he was putting it off. She didn't know what to think. But she knew she was tired of being fobbed off by him.

Mia got to work and saw Max as he stood on the phone in the car park. She looked to him and rolled her eyes. She knew he was arguing with Jennifer. She couldn't help but smirk to herself about the whole situation.

She knew that it was complicated. And she knew that she didn't know what to do about the whole situation. But she did know that she couldn't put up with it anymore.

Mia walked into the staffroom. She smiled as she saw Esmè. Esmè looked to her. "Are you okay?" Esmè asked.

Mia nodded and sighed. "Yeah. It's just this guy I'm seeing. He's seeing someone else. He said he would end it to be with me. And I feel like he's putting me off," Mia said.

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "Well you should tell him. You shouldn't put up with that. Men are jerks," Esmè said.

Mia smiled and nodded. "Yeah. They are," she said knowing how complicated it was with Max.

****

Mia sat in her classroom. She looked up as Max walked in. She looked to him and rolled her eyes. "You've been avoiding me," he said.

Mia looked at him and scoffed. "You're one to talk. I mean, you still haven't ended it with my sister. You said you would. But you won't," Mia said.

"We've talked about this Mia. It's for the best. I need to decide what to say."

"You said that weeks ago Max. Look, I know she's my sister. And it's messy. But we can't keep doing this. Lying. And it feels like you're playing games with me. And you need to decide what you want," she told him.

Max rolled his eyes. "You know what I want. I want you, okay. I do."

"Then end it with Jennifer. I don't want to sound like the toxic mistress here. But end it and tell her. Or I'll end this. It is up to you if you really want to stay in a loveless marriage," Mia said as she stood up and walked out.

Mia knew that she couldn't deal with the secrets and lies for much longer. She knew it was starting to get to her. And she was starting to feel run down by it all.

****

Mia sighed to herself as she got home. She looked to her phone and rolled her eyes as she saw all the missed calls off of Max. She sighed.

She had no idea what she was going to do. But she knew it was a mess. She knew she was worried. That she was scared. But she knew that she wanted to try and make it work.

But little did she know, that as she seemed to be the only one fighting for her relationship with Max, it was about to change big time between them both.