0.7

Mia looked up as Max walked into her room. She frowned. "What's going on?" She asked.

"Your mother. She's coming to the school for the open day. I need to keep her away from Kim Campbell," he said.

Mia was confused. "Why? What's Kim done?"

"It's more what I've done with Kim. She and I have had sex a couple of times," Max said.

Mia felt hurt. She looked at him. "Right. What do you want me to do about that?"

Max sighed and sat on the bed. He took her hand but she pulled it away. "Mia. I need your help. Please. Kim and I are no longer involved. I ended it. For you."

Mia scoffed. "I can't help you. I'm just the PA. Find someone else," she spat.

****

The next morning, Mia went into the school. She wasn't happy with Max. She hated him for even sleeping with Kim. Max walked towards her. "You can't avoid me. You really can't."

"Leave me alone. Please."

Max could do nothing but watch as Mia walked off. Max knew she was hurt and he didn't blame her. He had been telling her for ages that they would come clean to Jennifer about their affair and yet he had been sleeping with someone else.

****

Mia was feeling broken. She knew that she should have focused on her relationship with Tom. But she didn't know how to get back with him.

Tom walked in and smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" He asked.

Mia nodded and smiled. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too."

Mia started to kiss his neck. She needed to somehow get over Max. Tom was getting turned on. He looked at Mia. "What's brought this on?" He asked.

Mia grinned and shrugged. "I just realised how much I've missed you and how much I want you," she said.

****

Max walked into the office. He saw Tom and Mia and felt jealous. He scoffed. "This is a place of work. Not a brothel."

Mia kissed Tom and watched as he walked off. She stormed into the office. "What the hell is your problem?"

"Seeing you all over Tom. It's ridiculous!"

Mia rolled her eyes. "I didn't think you minded about that when you were screwing Kim Campbell!"

Max smirked. "So you're jealous? I didn't have you down as the jealous type Mia," he said.

****

Mia sat in her room that night and sighed. Max had been ignoring her since their row at work. She grabbed her phone and text him;

Come up here? Please? - Mia xx

She sent the text and heard footsteps on the stairs. Her door opened and Max stood there. "I got your text."

"Come in and close the door."

Max did as she asked and closed the door. Mia kneeled up on her bed and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I don't want anybody but you. You're all I can think about. End it with Kim. I'll end it with Tom and we can tell my mum together."

Max looked at her. He nodded and kissed her passionately. But would things work out the way they had planned?