0.12

Mia sat in her flat and sighed. She knew how she had to take a test and find out if she was pregnant. But she was scared. And she didn't know what to think.

Mia sat in the flat as she heard a knock at the door. She stood up and answered it as she saw Max. "You have been avoiding the subject. We have to talk," he said as she looked to him and smiled.

She knew that he was right

Mia lead him inside. She sighed. "I know I have to take a test and find out, I do. But I am scared. I am scared about what it means. I just want it to be okay. I know it won't be easy," she said.

Max looked to her and smiled. "I know. But we need to find out one way or another. We just can't be sitting here wondering," he said as Mia nodded.

She looked as he handed her a pregnancy test and it took it from him.

She ran a hand through her hair as she walked to the bathroom. She felt scared and she didn't know what to think.

Mia took the test and placed it on the side. She opened the door and saw Max. "It takes a few minutes...what if it is positive?"

Max smiled.  "Then we will deal with it. Look no matter what happens, we will deal with it. I promise," he told her.

Mia sighed as she picked up the test. She looked to it "It's positive."

****

Mia got to work. She was stood in the staffroom. Her head was a mess about the fact that she was pregnant. She didn't know how she felt about it all.

Mia sat in the staffroom. She looked up to see Esmè as she walked in.

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Mia looked to her. She sighed. "I'm pregnant. I took a test this morning. I don't know how I feel," she said as Esmè sat next to her.

She pulled her into a hug and smiled. "I know the feeling..I felt that way. You can be a great mum Mia. I know it's hard with Max. And what happened. But it will be okay," she told her.

Mia shrugged. "How are Max and I meant to do this? With all that's going on, I mean he's still married. To my sister. And it's a mess."

Esmè smiled and nodded. "It isn't be easy but you can do it."

****

Mia walked into Max's office. She sighed as she looked to him. "Are you okay?" Max asked.

Mia looked to him and sighed. "I don't know. My head is a mess.I mean...can we do this? A baby. It won't be easy. And you're still married," she said.

Max smiled. "I'll sort it. But I do think we can do this. I know it won't be easy. But it's a baby. Our baby," he said as he stood up and walked over to her.

Mia looked to him and smiled. Knowing none of it would be easy.