0.8

Mia walked into work as she saw Max who was waiting for her. She walked over to him and sighed. "I ended it with Tom. Did you end it?" She asked.

"No. She's away. But I am going to end it. I promise you," Max said.

Mia looked at him and raised her an eyebrow. She didn't know if she could trust him. Max sighed. "Don't look at me like that Mia. It's complicated. She's my wife."

"And she's my mother. This... us coming out. It will ruin my relationship with her. And she's my mum. I don't want to lose her. But for you, for us, it's worth it. Please Max," she said.

Max placed a hand on her cheek and smiled as he looked into her eyes. "I'll do it. Once she is back. I will do it. I promise," he said.

Mia looked at him and smiled. She walked off into the school and sighed. Mia knew that it was a mess. She and Max were a mess.  She knew that they were having an affair and she knew that she had fallen in love with Max. And it was a huge mess.

But she knew that she wanted to try and make it work with him. Even if that meant everyone was going to end up turning on her because of it.

****

Mia walked into the staff room and frowned as she saw Tom who was arguing with a blonde girl. She frowned as she walked in the opposite direction.

Mia walked over to Tom as she made herself a coffee. She looked at Tom. "So. What's going on there?" Mia asked. 

"It's Esmè. My ex and the mother of my daughter. I messed up. And I cheated on her. She went away for a few months. She won't even let me see our daughter," Tom said.

"When you say cheated? Please don't say that you mean with me?" Mia asked as she looked at him.

"No. It was Davina. I made a mistake. And she hates me," Tom said.

"Well we aren't together anymore Tom. But it doesn't mean I don't care. You need to fix it with Esmè to see your daughter. But you need to remember that you broke her heart. And it isn't going to be easy," Mia said as Tom looked at her and sighed.

****

Mia sat in the canteen and looked to see Esmè as she stood in front of her. "You're Esmè? Steph's daughter?" Mia said as she looked at her.

Esmè nodded. "You had something with my ex?" she asked as she sat opposite her.

"I did. But you should know, I didn't know what he did to you. I'm sorry," Mia said.

Esmè smiled. "It's not your fault. You didn't know. It's what he did. Not the fact he cheated on me. But the fact that Abigail caught him and he tried to confuse her. I know he's her father. But it's complicated," Esmè said.

Mia smiled. "Trust me. The thing I know is complicated," she said as she thought about her and Max.

She knew that they were complicated and she knew that they didn't have much of a future. But she did want to make it work.

But with everything to risk, could they really have a future?