0.13

Mia knew that she was pregnant. She knew how she and Max had agreed to keep the baby. But she knew that it wasn't easy. She knew how he was still married to her sister. And it was complicated. 

She had no idea how they were going to make it work. But she knew how he had been there. And he has been supportive. Especially as the whole situation wasn't easy at all.

Mia lay in bed as she lay texting Max. She knew that she had no energy but she had to get up and go to work. She wasn't in the mood but she knew that she had to go.

Mia sat up from the bed and groaned as she stood felt nauseous.

She stood up and rushed to the bathroom as she hunched over the toilet and started to throw up. She continued to be sick for what felt like a lifetime.

She sat on the bathroom floor and groaned as she placed a hand on her stomach and sighed. "It's going to be okay," she said as she rubbed her bump.

She knew that it wasn't easy. She knew how none of it was easy. She knew how she had to try and make it all work out with her and Max.

She stood up from the floor and groaned. She knew how Max was there and trying and for that she was thankful for.

She knew that Max was trying. But she did know if they were going to do this, how things woukd have to change.

****

Mia got to work and stood in the staffroom and looked to see Esme as she walked in. "Hey."

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "You doing okay?" She asked.

Mia smiled. "I'm okay. My head is a mess though. Plus morning sickness is wiping me out. I just want to make all of this work, you know? But I do know it's not easy. I mean he's still married to my sister. And it's a mess," she said

Esmè smiled. "None of it is easy. Having a child and that. But I know Max will step up for you and be there for you. He will be a great dad.  He will be there for you. You can do this. It is all worth it in the end," she said as Mia looked to her and smiled. 

Mia hoped that Esme was right. Especially as she knew that the situation with her and Max was far from easy. 

****

Mia walked into Max's office. Max looked to her and smiled. "Hey. How are you doing?" He asked.

Mia smiled. "I'm okay. The sickness is slowly killing me off. But I am okay. I have a scan next week if you want to come," she said. 

Max looked to her and smiled. "Of course I'll come. This is my baby too. I want to be there for you," he said as she looked to him and nodded. 

Mia knew how it was never easy with her and Max. And the fact he was still married to her sister.

But the fact that they were having a baby together, would it actually change anything?