0.11

Mia knew that it was possible that she could be pregnant. She didn't know how she felt about it all.

Mia knew just how complicated that things were. She knew that she and Max weren't careful. She knew how complicated that they were. she had been having an affair with him.

Mia knew how it was only a matter of time before the truth came out. Mia knew that the last thing that she wanted to do was hurt anyone.

She knew that she didn't want to hurt Jennifer. She was her mother at the end of the day. Mia knew just how complicated that she and Max had become.

Mia groaned as she heard a knock at her bedroom door. She opened it. She saw Max and smiled. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Mia looked to him and sighed. "I'm okay. I guess. Things are a mess," she said as Max looked to her and frowned.

He wasn't stupid and he knew when there was something bothering her. "What's going on Mia? I know you. You can't tell me that it is nothing. I know that it isn't nothing," he said as Mia looked to him and smiled.

She wanted to tell him how she thought that she was pregnant. But she was scared. Scared about how he would react. "I'm fine Max. I promise," Mia said.

****

Mia got to work. She stood in the staffroom and looked to see Esmè as she walked in.

Esmè walked over to her. She smiled as she looked to her. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Mia sighed. "Max came around. He knows something is up. I haven't taken a test yet. I'm scared Es. I don't know what to do If I am pregnant. It's all a mess," she mumbled as she looked to her.

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "I know it's hard. But you need to talk to him. You didn't get yourself pregnant, if you are. You need to take a test and find out. You need to know instead of worrying. I know it's hard. I do. But I am here for you. No matter what happens," she said as Mia looked to her and smiled.

Mia knew that Esmè was right. And like it or not, that she had to speak to Max. But she knew just how scared that she was to do so. Mia didn't know how he would react to it all.

****

Mia walked into Max's office. He looked to her and frowned. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Mia looked to him and smiled. "I need to talk to you. I don't want you to freak out about it all," she told him.

Max nodded. "What's going on? You're worrying me," he said.

"I'm late Max. I think that I am pregnant. We're not exactly careful are we?" Mia said.

Max looked to her and sighed. He knew that this wasn't what either of them planned. He stood up and walked over to her and smiled. "It's all going to be okay. I promise," he said as Mia looked to him and smiled.

Hoping that he was right.