2

Stella

I couldn't get him out of my mind.

The stranger that kissed me at the club has occupied my whole mind. It's like he decided to make his home up there, and is now the only thing on my mind 24/7.

He looked familiar, like I have seen him before, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

And it was pure torture.

"Stella? Are you even listening to me?" I shook my head as I looked at my brother, "sorry, I spaced out. Can you repeat that?"

He sighs, "what's going on with you? Ever since you came home last night you've been acting weird. Did something happen at the club?"

Yes, I want to say. I was mouth-fucked by the most devilishly sexiest goddamn man I have ever seen on the planet.

I just shake my head. "No. Continue what you were saying."

He doesn't. He just looks at me. I can see the gears working in his head before he opens his mouth to speak again, "have you spoken to father? He's been asking about you..."

Of course he has.

"No. and I don't intend to. I'm an adult, Elijah. He doesn't get to control my life, not anymore."

"I know, but–"

"No. My father stopped existing for me the second he decided that drugs were more important to him than family," I clench my jaw slightly.

Elijah sighs. He knew I was right, but that still didn't stop him from at least trying to repair mine and my dad's broken relationship. My father was a good man, but when he got into some trouble with some gangs who claimed he owned them money, that was when it all went flying out the window.

"He's in trouble again. He said something about some mafia... He's only asking for a couple thousand dollars."

"How much exactly?"

Elijah mumbles something under his breath, and I take a deep breath, "25 fucking thousand?!"

I couldn't even pay off my rent, let alone even think about lending my father 25k.

I rub my temples. This was all too much. I wanted to help my father, but at the end of the day he was the one who got himself into this mess. He made his bed, now he shall lay in it.

I look at Elijah, "I'll think about it. See what I can do. But for now, I want to be alone." My brother nods his head, kisses me on the forehead and leaves shortly after. I needed a second to breathe, to comprehend what he told me.

My dad was complicated. After mom's death, he spiralled out of control, and it's gotten a lot worse. He kept finding himself within the wrong crowd, kept bringing other women home. This man wasn't my father. This was just an empty, hollow shell of what once used to be my dad.

I look at my phone as I see that my dad is calling. I normally wouldn't pick up, but I'm feeling brave. I want to see what he has to say.

"Stella? Can we talk?" He sounds desperate, almost as if someone was standing next to him with a gun pointed to his head.

"It's about the money, isn't it?" I hear some shuffling on the other side of the phone and what sounds like another man. I couldn't quite make out who it was, but it didn't take me long to figure out that someone, from the mafia, was holding my dad at gunpoint.

"Stell's please. It's important, you know I wouldn't normally ask you to do this, but I desperately need your help–" I hear a sharp intake of breath on the other side.

"Dad?"

It's silent for a little while, and my heart begins to race at the thought of my dad getting hurt when I can hear everything.

"Your father owes us a big amount of money, amore. I'm sure you don't want him to get hurt, do you?" I hear screaming before someone cocks a gun at my dad, "Shut the fuck up before I blow your brains out."

"Please, don't hurt him. I'll help him get the money but please... don't hurt him." My tone is desperate and my hands are shaking.

I quickly grab my keys from the table and run out of the apartment, ready to get in the car when suddenly, a hand grabs me from behind and I'm being pulled into a dark alley.

Their hold on me is tight and their hand covered my mouth, but I still try to thrash around in an attempt to get away.

"Stop fucking moving," I hear someone say before a cold metal object is pinned to the side of my head. A gun.

I still, my breathing fast and ragged as I shut my eyes tightly. This is the part where I die. I know it.

I gulp, "If you're going to kill me can I at least take a look at your face so I know if I got killed by a hottie or not..."

The man chuckled, sending shivers down my spine as he slowly turned me around, the gun still held to my head. I know that chuckle. I could recognise it from anywhere.

"We meet again," he says darkly. I look up to see the man from the club and my oh my... he looked even better than last night...

"Are you going to kill me?" My voice just barely above a whisper as he holds me tightly. He hands the gun to another man standing there, who I haven't noticed the first time.

"Maybe. I haven't decided yet..." He shrugs, "However your dad still owes me money..."

He leans in to whisper into my ear, "and I don't like waiting."

And with that he grabs my wrist and pulls me with him to the car.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into?