21

Xavier

She was so beautiful. I don't know how the fuck she's still here but she is and I haven't had anyone stay and put up with me for so long.

It felt nice...

Ben comes up behind me, an old friend of mine from Vegas. I met him during one of my rounds at the casino and we've been friends ever since. He's probably one of the only people outside of my compound that I allowed myself to befriend.

He nods towards Stella, "She's got nice moves." He watches her, taking a sip of his drink and I turn to him, raising a brow. "Hitting on my girl now, are we?"

He laughs, "Shit, sorry. Wow, Dominguez finally settling down, huh?"

I shrug slightly, "Guess you could say that. She's changed my view on relationships. I love her." I look down at my feet, my hand fiddling with the little box in my pocket.

It wasn't an engagement ring as such, more of a little sentimental something that I know would mean a lot to her. It wasn't mine. Her father handed it down to me before we left for Vegas. I was hoping to give it to her tonight.

Stella turns to me and smiles, walking towards me and I reach my hand out to her, pulling her in as I place a kiss to her cheek.

"Having fun?" I ask, smiling into her neck as I inhale her scent.

"I think I want to move to Vegas..." She looks at me, a small smile playing on her lips. "It's so different to New York. I like it."

I chuckle slightly, "don't worry, we'll visit a lot." I kiss her nose and look at Ben. "Ben, this is Stella. Stella, Ben."

Ben smiles at her his million dollar smile and takes her hand, placing a small kiss on the base. "It's a pleasure to meet the girl that my best friend is head over heels for," He looks at me. "Seriously, he doesn't stop talking about you."

I roll my eyes, "you've had too much to drink." I pat his back.

Stella laughs and looks at me, grabbing my hand and starts walking towards the bar, "and you're too sober."

"Are you forgetting I'm your bodyguard for the night?" I ask.

"No. You're forgetting that we're in Vegas and it's time to let go for a bit. No guns, no knives, no blood. Just me and you." She cups my face and looks at me.

I sigh, "fine. Just me and you." I kiss her, my hands around her waist as I pull her in.

"That's better." Stella orders me and her a drink and I take it, still thinking this isn't best idea, but I told her I'd let go. So this is me, letting go of all my issues, my job. It's just me and Stella tonight.

Unfortunately, that doesn't last long. Ace's name appears on my phone screen and I sigh. Stella's eyes plead me not to pick up but I kiss her cheek and tell her I'll be back soon.

"Ace, you better have a good reason as to why you're calling me when I'm away." I grumble.

"Someone broke into the compound."

"Che cosa? Chi?"
(What? Who?)

"Pensiamo che possa essere Elijah, ma non abbiamo ancora trovato alcuna prova."
(We think it might be Elijah, but we haven't found any proof yet.)

I pinch my nose, sighing, "figlio di puttana! Controlla tutti i filmati di sicurezza. ORA!"
(Motherfucker! Check all security footage. NOW!)

I hear the phone being passed to someone else before I hear Milo's voice. "Sir, whoever it was hacked our system. They turned off all cameras and alarms."

"You fuckers couldn't take care of it? There's over 40 of you in there, I didn't hire you so you can just stand around and do nothing!"

I hear Stella come up behind me as she places her hand on my shoulder.

"Sorry Boss. It won't happen again."

I sigh, "it fucking better not. Find out who did it before I throw your sorry asses out." I end the call and stuff my phone back in my pocket.

"What happened?" Stella walks in front of me, grabbing my hand and rubbing circles, attempting to calm me down.

"Somebody hacked the system and broke into the compound. None of the cameras and alarms work."

I knew Elijah had it in for me but fucking hell, to break into my compound? All because he didn't want me dating his sister?

That's fucked up.

I think in that moment the only thing I could see was red. I was livid. All I wanted was a calm evening with Stella, away from all this bullshit. It was not only getting me down, but her as well.

"Do they suspect someone?" She wrapped her arms around my neck and I leaned my forehead against hers.

I nod my head knowing this was going to upset her. "Elijah..."

"Why would he do that? Is there an issue that runs deeper than what we know? It doesn't make sense for him to break into the compound and hack all the security cameras..." She shakes her head. "Besides, what would he find on there?"

I shake my head slightly, not knowing what to say.

Stella was right. There has to be an issue that runs deeper. There was nothing on the cameras, no evidence of anything. So what the fuck was he looking for?

"Hey," she lifts my face slightly, cupping my cheek. "We'll sort this out. I'll talk to him." She kisses my jaw lightly and I nod.

I think for the first time in my life, I was pretty defenceless.

What the fuck am I gonna do about him?