32

Xavier

"We found a lead, Boss." Seconds later, I hear Ace's fingers tapping across his keyboard before pushing his laptop towards me.

Christ, sometimes I want to break each and every single one of his fingers for picking a keyboard that makes the loudest clicking noise as you type, but Ace says it soothes him.

If the only soothing moments he gets while working for me is clicking away on his keyboard, then I'll give him that.

I turn to look at the screen, a video recording from the hospitals alleyway playing on the screen. Stella is being dragged across the path, her necklace being ripped in half as two men throw her at the back of the van.

I clench my fist. God, I need to punch someone right now.

It's been almost 2 weeks since Stella's disappearance, and Ace only just now managed to find a trace of where she might possibly be. Those hospital cameras aren't easy to hack into, apparently and those fuckers must have known how to conceal their identity so I don't find them.

Sucks for them. I will always find them.

"Do we know who the van belongs to?"

Ace slides the computer back over towards himself, typing something before turning the screen back to me. "Does Garrett Meadows sound familiar?" He looks over at me and it takes everything in my power not to smash the laptop to pieces.

Motherfucker.

"Can you track down where they went?"

"The van has been left at some warehouse on the other side of the city. There's a possibility that's where Garrett is keeping Stella," Ace responds. He's back to clicking and clacking on his god damn keyboard and I stand up, before I do something stupid.

I open up the draw, getting my gun out and placing it in my back pocket. "Ace, get the car ready. We're going to pay him a visit and I'll make him sorry for ever crossing me." I open the door, hearing Ace scramble with his laptop and I turn around. "Now, Ace." I bark and walk out, heading straight towards the garage.

I hear him mumble something underneath his breath and I roll my eyes. Now was not the time for his childish games. I need to focus. My main priority is Stella.

It's not long before we arrive at the warehouse. The navigation on my phone said 50 minutes, but we made it there in half the time. Probably because I held my gun to Ace's thigh the entire time.

The safety was locked in place, and he knew I wouldn't shoot him but it was fun to see him scared shitless regardless.

The warehouse looked like something out of a horror movie. The red brick was slowly deteriorating and it looked like the entire building was about to collapse at any given moment. It's a good thing that this place will come crumbling down when I'm done searching through every single fucking room.

I turn to look around us, nothing but a forest for miles. The warehouse was at the very edge of the state, so it's easy to miss and because it's so secluded, nobody would be able to hear any screams coming from the inside.

I grin at the thought. Garrett will soon be a dead man and I will enjoy hearing his screams fill the air as he slowly burns. This is what he gets for taking my girl.

A death sentence.

I start to walk towards the door, but Ace quickly stops me.

"Xavier?" I turn to look at him, allowing him to continue. "What if she isn't here? What if we came here for nothing?"

I clench my jaw and my eye twitches at the mere thought. Even if she isn't here, at least we have some sort of trace.

I meet his gaze, letting him see just how dark my soul is without Stella.

"Then a lot of people are going to die."

I walk in, loading up my gun and taking off the safety. The place was quiet, almost too quiet, and I hated to think that Stella may not be here anymore.

Which brought me to the thought of her being dead, and at that moment I wanted to burn everything and everyone down until I had Stella back in my arms where she belongs.

Me and Ace walk through the building, checking every room before moving on. I called for backup, noticing a few of my gunmen patrolling the outside.

After 20 minutes of searching through the entire warehouse, Stella was still nowhere to be seen. Garrett knew exactly what he was doing, and fled before I could find him. He knew I'd be looking for Stella.

He's a smart man. He told his men to abandon the van, knowing full well that will be the first thing I find.

This asshole has had my girl for the last 2 weeks and I'll be damned if me and Ace don't work twice as hard to find her. Find him.

If I find out he's touched her, I will personally make sure to cut off his own fucking hands and send them to his mother with a card that says Happy fucking Birthday.

A smile tugged on my lips at this. I'm gonna enjoy killing him more than I thought.

After wiping every room, me and Ace walk back to the car, but not before I douse the entirety of the top floor in flammable liquid. I take out a cigarette, lighting it up and inhaling before I stand up and flick it towards the ground.

I let out a puff of smoke as I walk out, the room behind me quickly bursting into flames.

If Stella saw this, she'd have my head for smoking.

"You're killing yourself."

I chuckle, flicking the butt onto the floor and stepping on it with my shoe. "I'm gonna die anyways, so I might as well speed up the process."

"Not if I kill you first. Stop it."

That was pretty much all she said before I bent her over my knee and spanked her. It made me laugh to think that she could even touch me before I stopped her. She loved thinking she had the control, but really it was me, and always would be me with the control.

My girl never stood a chance and she knew she'd be punished for thinking so.

Fuck, I miss her.

Me and Ace leave the perimeter of the building, my men behind us in a vehicle of their own. I watch the entire warehouse start crumbling to the ground as we leave, and it makes me smile.

I will burn down the whole world for Stella, and she knows this as well as anyone who dares question it.

Just hold on a little bit longer, baby. I'll find you soon.