9

Stella

I was currently staring at the few bags that were placed inside Xavier's room, each from a different store. And they were all designer...

"What is this?" I turn around to look at him, confusion splayed all over my face as he just smiles and comes closer.

"A thank you gift." He slips his hands into his trouser pockets and leans against the wall. A thank you gift? A thank you gift for what?

I shake my head as I look back at the bags. "For what?"

This time he walks closer and wraps his arms around my waist as he sets his chin on my shoulder and shrugs slightly. "For not running away even though I've given you plenty of reasons to."

My heart swells at this as I smile slightly and looking inside the bags. There was a black dress in the first one paired with some black heels and a necklace sporting a black X in the middle. I look at him with the necklace in my hand and he shrugs, "gotta let everybody know you're mine."

Mine.

I don't bother looking through the rest of the bags. I turn around and kiss him while I cup his jaw, his stubble grazing my palm.

He leans back, a small smile playing on his lips as I laugh. "Is the tough mafia leader going soft on me?" His smile disappears and is replaced by a scowl almost automatically.

"No, never," He grips my hips and I let out a small squeal as he pulls me inevitably closer. "I ain't no softie. I play rough, fierce... Not soft, amore." He growls in my ear, his breath making goosebumps rise to the surface of my skin.

I grin slightly, knowing exactly that I was getting the reaction I hoped for out of him. I don't say anything, I just stand there while he holds me close. I'm sure both of us found some sort of comfort in that.

Maybe that was all we need.

Comfort.

He sighs softly but still not admitting to anything as he pulls away and looks at me, his eyes darting from mine to my lips and kisses me again, this time much more slower as if savouring the kiss.

His grip on my hips lessens before he pulls away and smiles.

"I have some work to do, so you're free to do whatever you want. If you need anything, come into my office." He kisses me again and I nod at him as he walks into the elevator. I turn back around to the hundreds of bags surrounding me and sigh. This was going to take some time.

A little over an hour later and it feels like I've just tried on over 100 things at a store. Although I wasn't at the store. I was in Xavier's bedroom.

I changed into the dress I first saw, hoping it will get his attention and he'd stop working and take a break.

Just a break.

I put on the necklace and look at myself in the mirror, seeing how the dress hugs my curves perfectly and the necklace sitting around my neck standing out against my skin. I bite my lip slightly seeing the small X.

It feels like the elevator took its time as I went down from his room to his office a few floors down. I really wanted to see his reaction.

I don't bother knocking, I just walk in and notice Ace sitting there with Xavier while he's on the phone. Ace turns to look at me almost immediately and his eyes go wide as he takes in my appearance. I give him a look telling him to stand down before his boss gives him a beating.

"I don't care. You either give me the fucking money or I take your wife and daughter. I don't play around." He snaps through the phone.

I'm not sure what was being said on the other side of the line but it's not too long before he turns around, puts the phone down and then looks up to see me.

"Cazzo..."

I smile slightly and look at Ace. "Get lost."

He gets up and scurries towards the door not even saying anything before he closes it behind him.

I walk to the desk before sitting down on it, Xavier's eyes on me like he's never seen anything so beautiful in his life.

Maybe he hasn't.

His hands are on me instantly, not daring to remove his hands as if I wasn't real. He pulls me closer to the edge of the desk and stands up between my legs, taking my whole body in.

"You look absolutely stunning..." He looks over to my neck noticing the necklace and smirks. "I like seeing this on you," he taps my neck, "Now everyone can see who you belong to."

My breath hitches in my throat as he kisses my neck, his lips marking my skin with soft kisses.

I look at him, a small smile forming on my lips. "Still going to tell me you're not a softie?"

He half growls against my neck. "Fine, maybe a little bit. Only for you."

Only for me.

That was the way I wanted it to be.