38

Stella

As soon as Xavier left the room, I completely and utterly broke down. Nothing could express how much this whole argument has hurt me. Maybe I should have told him sooner? Maybe.

"What has he done?" Elijah sat next to me, holding my hand as I cried. I didn't want to explain myself to him, especially as he's been absent and refused to acknowledge my relationship with Xavier. Did my own brother really see everything I didn't?

Was I really that blind to everything?

I shake my head. "Nothing. We just had an argument."

"Why are you crying so much then? Over a small, petty argument? Stella, this isn't you. You never would have cried so much over a small argument. Over a guy? Come on."

"It's not just a guy! I'm in love with him, whether you like it or not."

Elijah sighs, bringing his chair closer to my bed. "Stella. You're not in love with him. You might think you are, but let's be honest. You thought you could, I don't know, lock him down just cause you were pregnant with his kid?" His eyes seem to search mine for some sort of answer and I shake my head, turning my head towards the door.

My fingers start trembling underneath the cover as I fiddle with my hands and take a breath. "How did you know?"

He grasps my hand, his hand covering mine on top of the cover, his silent way of saying that he was there for me. Was he though? He didn't care about anything I did until Xavier.

"Doctor told me. Said you should be able to go home tomorrow. Dad already prepared a room for you."

I look at him in confusion, my brows furrowing. "What?"

Eli nods his head, "Yeah. We'll bring over your stuff from Xavier's until you find a job and you can get yourself your own apartment."

Was he serious right now? Does he really think I'll go back to living with my dad? I haven't been at home for years, I've always preferred my own space. He should know that by now.

"You cannot possibly be serious right now."

"Oh I am, sis. Come on. You really wanna go back to stay with that asshole after he made you cry like that?" He coaxes and I swear if I had some more strength in me I would punch the living daylights out of him.

"That asshole was supposed to be the father of my kid, Eli! We might have had an argument but it doesn't mean I don't love him anymore," I spit.

My brother refused to see things for what they are, he was always like this. We never saw eye to eye, and maybe that was the issue. We were completely incompatible in the brother and sister state. Who he got that after, I have no idea. Surely wasn't after dad.

Eli licks his lips and sighs, standing up. "You never loved him in the first place, Stella. You're just blind to see what this man can do. He kills people. I mean for fuck sake, he burned Garrett and his men alive. Who does that? Oh wait, he does."

"Wait. How do you know the man that kidnapped me was called Garrett?"

Elijah stalls and chuckles before checking his phone. "I've got to run, but I'll be here tomorrow okay? Rest up." He kisses my forehead and he's out the door before I can say anything, leaving me with many questions and absolutely no answers.

I sigh, knowing full well my brother is hiding something and refuses to tell me about it. Everyone around me were suddenly hiding things from me, and I hate it. Then again, I'm no better than Xavier or Eli. I hid my pregnancy from Xavier and thought I could get away with it for a little while longer.

I wanted to get rid of it at first, wanted to book an appointment into an abortion clinic but knowing Ace's hacking skills, I wouldn't get far before Xavier came looking for me, demanding why I wanted an abortion in the first place.

Damn living with 2 mafia members who are capable of pretty much anything.

Speaking of the Devil. Ace walks into the room, closing the door behind him and sits next to my bed. He doesn't say anything for a while, just stares at the empty hospital wall and I'm seriously starting to wonder whether he's okay and not suffering any permanent brain damage or something.

I raise my brow, looking at him and go to say something before he stands up and starts walking back and forth.

"You love him right?"

He stops and looks at me as he waits for me to speak and I gasp because he knows the answer to that question.

"Do you need a doctor, Ace? Are you okay?" I laugh slightly and he scowls at me, causing my laugh to die down.

"Answer the damn question, Stella."

Okay, this was outrageous.

"Of course I fucking do, Ace."

He nods his head. "Great. Then you tell him to get his ass back here. That's my boy, so anything happens to him and it'll be your fault. Xavier is nothing without you."

What?

I go to speak again but he beats me to it, "You do that right now, Stella. I need you guys back together before you or him do something stupid and I don't want anyone's blood on my hands."

I look down at his hands. His veins pop up as he flexes his hand and I wonder just how many people he killed before he even knew me.

"Sorry to burst your little bubble, Ace, but you already have blood on your hands. Adding me or Xavier into the mix won't change facts." I stifle a laugh and he grunts, "Damn you, Stella. Call him." He goes to leave but I stop him.

"Are you secretly in love with my boyfriend? Should I be worried? Do I have competition?"

He turns to look at me and smiles, the first smile I've seen from him since I woke up in this hospital. It's not a big one, but it's something.

"Trust me, principessa. You'd know if I was." He winks and leaves and I let out a laugh. I shake my head and grab my phone, my finger hovering over Xavier's name. I sigh and before I can stop myself, I call him.

"You have reached the voicemail of Dominguez. Leave a message and – Stella, stop," He laughs slightly before you can hear my voice in the background, "Call back later, he's busy!"

A loud beep stops the voicemail recording and I smile slightly as I remember the day I forced him to record his new voicemail. His old one was boring and I wanted to give him something to remember in case anything was to happen. I remember tackling him to the ground when he wasn't looking, too busy trying to record this voicemail. We were in the middle of some training and he let his guard down for 2 seconds so I took my chance.

Now, I'm over here with tears in my eyes because I said shit I didn't mean and now he probably doesn't want to talk to me.

I sigh and give it another go, this time his loud breathing came through the end of the speaker.

"Are you okay, Stella?"

"I–" Sigh. "I'm sorry... Please come back?"

He doesn't say anything, instead, he disconnects the call and I'm sat here wondering whether he was going to come back at all.