11

Stella

"All you have to do is knock on his door, tell him that you're lost and you want to use his phone," Xavier's voice brings me out of my trance. "Maybe if you play nice he'll talk to you."

I laugh slightly. "Are you trying to tell me I'm not nice?"

Ace laughs as he hands me a gun. "For protection." He nods.

"You can be a brat when you want to be." He scowls at me playfully and winks. His constant flirting was enough for my legs to feel like jelly.

"Hey! Don't say that in front of Ace!" I point towards Ace while he's doubled over on the floor in laughter, his black locks of hair draping over his forehead as he wipes a stray tear from laughing.

He shakes his head. "Don't worry, bellissima. I know what you guys are up to most of the time." He stays silent for a while before laughing again.

Xavier scowls at him. "Hey! Quit flirting with my girl."

Ace raises his hands in defeat, still chuckling every now and then. I didn't really understand the whole joke but sure Ace, whatever helps you sleep at night. I guess.

"Can we get back to work please?"

"She's been around you for too long, boss. She's taking after you now." Ace shakes his head chuckling. I raise my brow.

"It's kind of hard not to when all he talks about is work," I roll my eyes. "He's like addicted to work."

"No. I'm addicted to you." My heart stops beating for a second, as I attempt to find my voice. God damnit. He definitely knows how to make a girl feel weak in the knees.

In more ways than one.

Xavier see's the reaction on my face and smirks, knowing he got what he wanted.

Cocky bastard.

"Right!" He stands up. "Ace, give her the keys." He looks at me. "Do you have your knife and the gun?"

I nod my head. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I wasn't sure whether this was a good idea, I don't know why I even suggested it in the first place but it was too late to back out now.

Ace hands me the keys. Not keys to my car however. It was the keys to Xavier's Audi. He knows I love driving it. He told me I can drive it back to my apartment and I took full advantage of that.

It feels like forever since I've been at my apartment, however with everything going on with Xavier, I didn't really have much time to spend there.

I beam at him, clutching the keys to my chest.

"Just don't crash it." He winks and I laugh. I automatically start making my way down to the garage, as Ace and Xavier follow suit.

I'm so excited that I don't even notice Xavier calling my name until his arm is around my waist and he spins me around.

"Be careful," He kisses my lips. "Me and Ace will be right behind you in his car."

I smile at him and get into the car, starting it up. My lips were burning, wanting him to kiss me again, but now was not the time.

I drive out of the garage, seeing Ace and Xavier behind me in the rear view. Ace was driving his BMW i8. Why do they all have sexy cars?

And then there's me, stuck with my lovely pink Mini Cooper. Of course it's pink. But now I really want it black. Absolutely nothing to do with Xavier, I promise.

I'm lying.

I'm totally lying. This is all Xavier's fault. I have never been more attracted to the colour black until now.

I finally arrive at Nathaniel's. I park the car a little bit further up the road and mess my hair slightly hoping to make it look like I was in desperate need of help. And luckily it was raining, so my makeup was running down my cheeks as though I've been crying.

I memorised Xavier's phone number just for this.

Fuck, I'm nervous.

I walk to the door and knock. I know someone is home because of the light that is on upstairs. It's not long before the man himself opens the door.

He had bags underneath his eyes and his nose had a plaster over it. As if that's going to fix a broken nose... I want to laugh at how ridiculous he looks.

"Can I help you?" I breathe out a sigh of relief knowing he doesn't recognise me from the time I saved him from Xavier. Although I didn't save him. I was doing this for Xavier not the kid in front of me.

Seriously, he looked like he was about 17.

"Uh... I'm lost. I was coming back from a party but my phone died and I have no idea where I am. Do you think I can call someone from your phone?" I make sure to sound desperate although I probably sound like a dying walrus.

He opens the door further so I can walk in and I do, thankful to be out of the rain for a little bit. God dammit, why did I agree to this?

He hands me his phone, not even sparing a glance my way before making his way upstairs. Perfect.

I dial Xavier's number and he picks up straight away. "He just walked upstairs. I'm hoping to find something down here."

"There should be some wads of cash lying around. As long as you get those back to me I don't really care about anything else. He can keep the pills, I just want the money back."

I look around the room a little, making sure not to miss anything before I come across a huge wad of cash. Maybe about 10 thousand dollars?

"Is 10 thousand enough?"

He chuckles, "pretty sure he owes me more than 10 grand but yeah I'll take it."

As I start to put it away, Nathaniel is back downstairs, eyeing me as if he caught me stealing. Which he technically just did. I just smile.

"Put that back." I raise my brow at him.

"Hm... how about no?" I smirk.

He walks towards me, pushing me towards the wall. In any other circumstance, and if this was Xav, then I'd be turned on. However with the force he pushed me with, I hiss in pain. Damn. He has some strength, I'll give it to him.

I can't even answer Xavier who's calling my name on the other side of the phone. The phone is long forgotten as it lands on the floor and Nathaniel's hand is around my neck, applying pressure.

"No bitch gets to come inside my house and steal from me. That's my fucking money." He's continuously applying pressure, to the point where I can't even fight him anymore, I'm losing consciousness by the second. It's getting harder for me to breathe and I can't even reach for my gun around my thigh. I should have taken it out earlier.

I want to tell him that actually, it's not his money but my eyesight starts getting blurry and my voice is long forgotten.

I eventually fall to the floor but I don't feel anything. I don't even remember hitting the floor.

All I seem to remember is someone barging through the door and punching someone. Or at least that's what it sounds like before everything turns dark.