10

Xavier

Before I met Stella, all I could give a shit about is work and one night stands. Those one night stands were a good distraction and let me focus on something else other than work.

With Stella, it was different. I felt like she had consumed every inch of me. I felt differently towards her than I ever felt towards a woman.

With my arm draped across her naked chest, I couldn't help but to look at her. How peaceful she looked when she slept, her little smile every now and then telling me she was dreaming.

She stirs around slightly before turning towards me and nuzzling herself into my chest.

My heartbeat quickens at this very small action and I smile. She was going to be the death of me.

I turn to get up from the bed but her arm catches my hand. "Stay," she mumbles and I don't have the heart to tell her no. I have work to do, but that can wait.

I turn back towards her, wrapping my arm around her and bringing her closer. I plant a small kiss to the top of her head and I feel her smile against me.

"Mhm, good morning." Stella opens her eyes slowly and look at me. I smile mumbling a good morning as she sits up.

I place a kiss to her cheek. "I have to go to the business centre with Ace..."

She turns to look at me, "take me with you?" She bites her lip slightly and I run my thumb across her lip releasing it. I nod my head leaning in to kiss her and mumbling against her lips, "anything for you."

"Do you have your knife?" I ask her as we put on our clothes. She nods at me, "In my holster. Am I gonna need it?"

"Not in the business centre but I'd rather be safe than sorry."

"Do you always carry your gun around with you?" She asks as she walks up to me and does my tie up. I thank her with a smile.

My gun was something I always had on me. It didn't matter where I went. Whether it was to go down the street or a restaurant to eat, my gun was always on me.

"Yeah. Always." I breathe and she nods her head patting my chest. I put my gun into the back of my trousers and grab her hand, walking with her to the elevator.

Ace was already waiting for us by my black Audi. I turn to Stella, my keys in my other hand and I hand them over to her.

"What are you doing?" She looks at me, her face confused as I hand her the keys, hiding the little smile peeking through.

"You can drive." I smile.

Her smile widens as she walks towards the car briskly and I let out a small chuckle.

"Just don't crash it," I smack her ass lightly as she laughs, "Or there will be consequences." I whisper into her ear and she kisses my jaw lightly as a thank you.

I nod my head at Ace who walked off to his car, getting in and driving away without waiting for me and Stella. We'll get there eventually.

Stella gets in, looking around the car in awe before she starts the car up. I get in the passenger seat beside her. "Ready?" I turn to her.

She nods her head. "So ready." We drive off and I tell her where she has to go, however Stella was a little bit more careful with my car than I was, both hands holding onto the steering wheel and driving at just about the speed limit.

"You know you can drive faster right?" I chuckle.

"I know. You won't kill me if I crash the car though, right?"

I let out a laugh, shaking my head. "No." I place my hand on her thigh, squeezing lightly.

After a few more instructions from me, we arrive. Ace is already waiting for us by his car, his eyebrow raised as if asking what took us so long, a smirk evident on his face. I glare at him and he simmers down.

I take Stella's hand as we get out and walk inside the centre, going straight towards my office. I scan my keycard and walk through with her and Ace.

"So, what are we doing regarding Nathaniel?" Ace speaks up first.

I shrug. I wasn't sure what to do with him. Bastard owed me my shit, and I wasn't about to kill him without getting it back first.

"I heard he got into trouble with some drug lord not far out of town. If we don't get to him, I'm sure he will." I shrug.

Stella looks at us before opening her mouth to speak. "What if I talk to him? Maybe I can be some sort of distraction. Find out where he's got your stuff and take it off him?" She looks at me, hopeful that I agree with her plan.

"I don't want to put you into that sort of danger."

"I'll be fine. I know how to defend myself in case." She points to her knife and shrugs. "Besides, I can finally make myself somewhat useful. I did agree to work for you."

Can she get anymore perfect?

Ace nods his head. "I think that's a good idea, boss." Of course he says that. He think's everything is always a good idea. Especially when it's coming from a living thing that has tits and an ass and a very pretty mouth.

God, that mouth does wonders....

And she's mine. That X on her necklace proves that. She was bringing out the romantic in me I didn't even know I had. Crazy how one kiss changed my life.

I think I was falling for her, and I wasn't sure whether it was a good thing or not...