VII.

♛ ♛ ♛

I end up telling Roger a simplified version of my life in America and the little bit in the UK. He asked me one question and I went off, but he didn't seem to mind. He watched me attentively the whole time I was talking, and even encouraged me to continue when I would hesitate. He told me a little about himself as well, but he seemed a bit more closed off about it.

The eggs had long grown cold when the conversation finally dies down.

"Alright, Mr. Taylor, I simply must get going," I say with a grin, standing from the table, Roger with a smile of his own at my dapper comment. I pick both of our plates up and walk over, dropping them in the sink.

"Keep the outfit, Clems," I look back at him, "you should wear it out sometime." I roll my eyes at him.

"Let me grab my clothes," I quickly pad back to the bedroom, collecting my clothes and folding them neatly in a stack. When I come back out, Roger's face has dropped and there's something looming behind it.

"Ready?" He asks me, swinging a keychain around his index finger. I nod and he leads me out the front door. I pick my platforms up on the way out, Roger pulling my coat from the rack and throwing it over his shoulder.

The car ride to my house is quieter, the radio softly playing the latest hits while I occasionally tell Roger which way to go. It's not entirely uncomfortable, but I do find that Roger still seems like he's thinking about something.

When we pull up to the coffee house, I have Roger go around back to the fire escape, and he parks the car.

"Hey, thanks for the ride." I can see a glint of a smirk forming on his face.

"Which one?" He asks, and I roll my eyes, opening the car door. As soon as I do, Roger grabs me by the wrist, making me sit back down. I slowly shut the car door, tilting my head at him. He doesn't say anything, just holds my gaze with his deep blue eyes, but I get what he wants to convey. I press a soft kiss to his cheek, letting my lips linger there for a moment before gently pulling my wrist from his, opening the car door and stepping out, clothes and shoes in hand.

"It was nice to meet you, Roger," I say to him. He nods at me and I shut the door, turning my back to the car and starting towards the black iron stairs of the fire escape.

I've known him all of three days.

Never trust a man who gives you all his attention in the beginning.

Never trust a man.

♛ ♛ ♛

The next four days are the bittersweet hell. Every time I close my eyes to fall asleep Roger appears in my head, like he's burned into the back of my eyelids. The ache of wanting him swells up in my chest and the wave washes over me with deep pressure. No matter how many times I tell myself that there's other men and I've only known him for few measly days, I can't keep myself from wondering if he'll pay a visit to the club to see me. He has me wrapped around his finger and he doesn't even know it.

My last few days at work are eventful. Emilia is making it a big deal that I'm leaving, telling me that it won't be the same and she's not sure she'll be able to keep the place running without me, all to which I give a chuckle. I'll miss her, that's for sure. On my last day, I'm surprised to receive an unexpected visitor.

"My god darling, you look absolutely stunning." Freddie sits on one of the lounges of VIP room one, drinking champagne. I look down at myself, dressed up in an over the top one piece with jewels encrusted in the fabric and hanging off of the clothing.

"I do try," I respond as he stands. We have a hug before he sits back down, patting the seat next to him.

"My dear, I've taken a liking to you, you must know," he begins, pulling a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and offering me one. I accept and he takes one as well, lighting them both before getting back to the conversation.

"I just simply had to let you know that I've drawn inspiration from your little character." I cross my legs, taking a drag of my cigarette as I listen to him, rather interested.

"You're genuinely nice, and you've got this high class, proper but playful aura that's so captivating I just couldn't help but put it down on paper," he explains, and I can feel my heart strings begin to be tugged.

"Freddie, you're too much, really," I can feel my lower lip tug down as he smiles at me, fishing a piece of paper from his coat pocket and handing it to me.

"Here's a copy of what I've got down so far," he says, standing up and then in front of me, "I want to compose it. I don't know when, so I though I'd let you know now."

"Really?" I can't help the grin that tugs at my lips as I stand, giving Freddie a hug.

"Yes darling," he returns it before releasing me, heading to the door. "I simply must get going darling, but I do hope to see you soon." I look down at the piece of paper in my hand.

"Freddie!"

"Yes?"

"Do you have a name for it yet?"

"Killer Queen, I believe."

♛ ♛ ♛

NOTE!!: a bit shorter i know, and i'm sorry... also, i'm sorry if you've noticed all the book cover changes recently. i'm extremely indecisive and i'm trying to find the one that clicks for me. drink some water :)