XXXIII.

♛ ♛ ♛

The planning for this Hyde Park gig isn't actually too bad. It's a free concert so things don't have to be perfect, no one is really expecting to get their money's worth. Of course, we won't tell that to Freddie or he'll flip his lid on me. He expects everything to be absolutely flawless, as anyone could've guessed.

Currently, I'm trying to locate the boys who've gone completely over on their break for rehearsals, something uncharacteristic of them. I can only imagine what it is they're doing. Perhaps a sex tape? We could make a hell of a lot of extra money off of it.

"If you all aren't in here I'm pronouncing you dead," I fling open the door of Freddie's trailer. We'd brought the trailers in, in an attempt to make getting to and from rehearsals less of hassle, but that's obviously proving to be completely ineffective

What I find when I open the door throws me off my bearings a little. The boys are all sitting around, laughing and chatting with Dominique seated on the couch next to Roger. She's not pressed up next to him or anything, but she's close enough to make me uncomfortable. The funny thing is, it's not really that that bothers me, it's how that would usually be me in her place.

At this point in my life, I'm used to the enamorment of women towards Roger, there's nothing I can really do about it, but Dom's taking it a bit to the next level. I thought that due to my unusual and partially sad lack of female friends I'd make an effort with her, and it seemed to be working out just fine, but I'm starting to think she's just talking to me to get closer to Roger.

"Boys, rehearsal, you're late," I say, recovering as quickly as possible.

"Would you look at that, you're right," Brian looks down at his watch before back up at me. There's a beat.

"So come on, hustle," I clap my hands before backing out of the frame, letting the door swing shut in my face. I sigh before turning on my heel and walking away.

"Are they coming?" Reid asks me as I re-enter the rehearsal space. Of course today of all days he would decide to come to practice.

"I don't think I'd be against them not showing," I cross my arms, blowing a ringlet of hair from my face.

"What'd they do this time?" Reid asks, opening up his stance to me. I look over at him, letting my head drop a bit to the side.

"At this point, what didn't they do?" He just shrugs his shoulders in a half agreement before we're interrupted by the boys. They seem to already be arguing about something music wise, Dominique in the middle of it all giggling. I can see Reid's lips turn into an 'o' out of the corner of my eye and I just snort, uncrossing my arms.

"It's double time now boys!" I clap my hands, "you all can argue with each other during your nightly pillow talk so you can at least put it into something productive afterwards."

"I like when you're like this, Clementine, it's fun," Freddie grins, waltzing over to the piano. I scoff, turning to Reid.

"They've really, really done it this time, haven't they?" He asks, though, it's not really a question.

"I think I might strangle whichever one comes close to me first."

"Roger, you really must let me borrow her sometime," I hear Freddie say.