XLI.

♛ ♛ ♛

"Behind Princess Diana! The Princess Diana!" I squeal, putting my hand over my heart, "and next to David Bowie as well, are you serious? I shouldn't be alive."

Brian shakes his head at me as I bounce up and down on the couch of the trailer, "I thought she might faint."

"I think I blacked out for a moment," I reply. Freddie grins at me as I open my mouth in a silent scream.

"Was that when Bowie asked you for a cigarette?" Roger tilts his head teasingly.

"Oh no, that's when I nearly forgot how to speak," I correct, putting my hands under my thighs, "I could hear the adrenaline rushing thought my head."

The band laughs around me at my school girl-esque squealing as I let my gaze drift to Jim Hutton sitting across from me. Freddie had introduced him to the band and I could tell he was a little more than a friend to him. This time however, I like the man. Thank god.

"Oh lord, I'm so sorry Jim, I swear you'll get used to us," I grin. He returns it, chuckling lightly.

"That or he'll be running for the hills," Roger says, lighting a cigarette.

"Yes, darling, you should probably get out while you can," Freddie adds on. Jim just shakes his head.

"It's going to take a lot more than that to get rid of me," he replies, Irish accent prominent, this time in a comfortable sort of way.

There's a knock at the trailer door that must send a jolt of panicked excitement through everyone inside. Jim hops up and swings the door open.

"Hello, Mary," Brian, who's sitting by the door, greets, identifying who it is.

"Hi, Brian," I hear, "we just came to wish you good luck." Freddie stands from his seat, making his way to the door.

"Hello my love," he says, "Mary, David, this is Jim. Jim, Mary and David." Jim reaches out to shake their hands as I turn to Roger.

"Does Mary have a boyfriend?" I whisper to him, and he nods.

"I'll see you after," Freddie smiles at the two of them before turning to Jim. "I don't think you're going to be able to see anything from here, join them."

Jim exits and I stand, "alright boys, blow them away."

We share hugs of more panicked excitement before I jump out of the trailer, turning to face the door.

"Don't mess up."

I stand in one of the wings, nervously biting my thumbnail as the announcers for Queen do their little bit beforehand.

"They're gonna do great," Mary assures me, and I nod. I know they will, they always do, but I can't help my nerves.

"Her majesty, Queen!"

The crowd roars as the boys come on stage, as if to show just how much they've missed them. My heart jumps as they situate themselves on stage, Freddie behind the piano. The first notes of Bohemian Rhapsody soar over the stadium, met with cheering from the people.

The whole twenty one minutes I'm someone in the crowd, swaying with the songs, cheering, hooked by Freddie and the boys as they don't sing but they perform. God, do they preform. Freddie directs the fans, interacts with them in a way no one else can or ever will again.

Then, as we near the set time, I find myself tearing up, and I have to remind myself that this isn't the end, it's the beginning.

It's twenty one minutes of my life that I'll forever wish I could relive.

The boys come off with their adrenaline still pumping, jumping up and down like school boys together.

"You guys were great," I say after they've finished their squealing and talking with Mary and Jim.

"You're bloody right we were," Freddie grins before enveloping me in a hug. The boys all join in around him, nearly suffocating me, in a good sort of way.

"We're gonna be fine, right?" I look around at all of them, and they nod.

"Yes, I think we are," Brian ruffles my hair.

"I do believe Queen has woken up," Freddie grins.

Later that night, after the comedown from the excitement and the extravagant yet small after party held by none other than Freddie of course, I'm sitting with Roger on the front porch as we wait for a taxi.

"We were in love, right?" I ask.

"Yes, I think we were. We just got fucked over. It was right person wrong time."

"We weren't ready for each other, were we?"

There's a pause before Roger looks to me.

"Can we make it the right time now?"

"Yes. I think we can."

♛ ♛ ♛

NOTE!!: i wrote these last two chapters last night and i couldn't help myself in posting them :,)