XXXVIII.

♛ ♛ ♛

"Hi, Miami!" I stick my head into the office to that of a surprised Jim. He kind of chuckles a little bit as I come fully into the room.

"Clementine," he shuts the book he was writing in, setting his pen down, "I figured you were lying about being back."

"Oh, I would never lie to you, don't be like that," I drop down on one of the couches, crossing my legs under me.

"You're nervous," he says.

"Who me? Never," I wave him off, "it's only been, hmm, a really long damn time since they've seen each other and there seems to be some pent up anger in Brian, Deaky, and Roger, and oh, Freddie is in no state to even make himself breakfast much less face those three."

"They'll be ok," Jim leans back in his chair, "once they get all of this out."

"I hope you're right. I don't know for whose sake, but I hope you're right."

There's a light knock on the door and I look over as it slowly pushes open, revealing a very timid looking Freddie.

"Freddie," Jim sets his arms down on his desk, "welcome back."

"Hello, Jim," he says and I stand, drawing his attention to me. He looks better already, just from being out of that hellhole. I hug him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're here," I say, pulling away. He smiles at me in the nervous sort of way he does before I let him move around me to sit down.

We wait for thirty minutes, thirty minutes over the time we were supposed to all be here.

"Where are they?" Freddie asks, finally breaking the year long silence.

"They're late," Jim replies as I pull out a cigarette, lighting it. Freddie nods absently and only a moment later, there's a rough knock at the door.

"Hey guys," Jim greets as the door swings open, Brian coming in first, followed by Deaky and Roger.

"Jim," Brian responds. His eyes travel to Fred, who shifts nervously, before he takes a seat on the other side of the couch I'm at, nodding his hello. Roger stares at Freddie as well, sunglasses perched on his nose, before he sits down on the armchair.

"If anyone wants any tea, coffee, bladed weapons, just ask."

"Hello, Clems," Deaky whispers as he sits down next to me. I grin at him and he just shakes his head, obviously unprepared for the next few events.

"So, who wants to go first?" Jim asks.

"I'll start." There's a pause as everyone looks to Freddie. "I've been hideous, I know that, and I deserve your fury." Brian chuckles.

"I've been conceited... selfish... well, an arsehole basically," Freddie finally looks up at everyone.

"Strong beginning." I shove Roger's foot with mine gently but he doesn't react.

"Look, I'm happy to strip off my shirt and flagellate myself before you," he begins to wring his hands, "or rather, I could ask you a simple question-"