XI.

♛ ♛ ♛

The boys's creative process is something straight out of a movie. From Freddie's magnificent ideas to Brian's little inputs, Roger's objections, and Deaky's questioning glances, they're the perfect team. I'd also like to say I add some creativity into the mix, sitting next to Mike with occasional suggestions leaving my lips. It's oddly comforting in the studio, where I'm not sure where the sun is in the sky and time seems to be stilled.

"Alright darling, you're going to love this," Freddie says as he enters the room, followed by Brian and Deaky. I look towards the live room, finding Roger in front of the mic. 

"What song are you going on to?" I ask as Fred drops down in the chair next to mine in front of the console. I've heard Rog sing before. I absolutely adore the raspy, kind of rusty voice he has.

"It's called In The Lap Of The Gods," he informs me, looking rather excited. I nod absently, turning my attention back to Roger who winks at me when he sees I'm looking. I roll my eyes, leaning back in my chair.

"Alright, Rog, let's do the beginning part shall we?" Freddie says into the mic.

"Yeah, sure," he rolls his shoulders. Mike starts the recording and Fred gives Roger a thumbs up to get him to start.

When Roger begins singing, I'm almost positive that my jaw hits the console. The sounds that leave his mouth should not be coming from someone of his nature, and yet, they are, and it's absolutely fucking perfect.

"Shut your mouth, save it for the bedroom." I smack Freddie's chest lightly at the comment but I can't tear my eyes way from Rog for the life of me.

"How was that?" Roger asks, looking at all of us in the studio room once he's finished.

"You impregnated Clementine, so it was good I think," Freddie says into the mic, earning a push to the arm from me as I scoff.

"Have him do it a few more times," Brian says, breaking up our little match. I stand up from the console, walking over to the couch and flopping down on it.

"Deaky, you're just going to let him bully me?" I ask, face smushed on one of the couch pillows.

"Yeah, it seems like it," he responds from his seat. I bury my face into the pillow, groaning a little louder than I need to.

"You're rude," I say, only hearing him chuckle lightly.

♛ ♛ ♛

"She sure does sleep a lot during the day."

The voice stirs me a bit, and I can't quite tell where it's coming from, but I don't open my eyes.

"Yeah, I wouldn't try and wake her though."

When I open my eyes, I find that I'm facing the back of a couch. The studio, I'm in the studio.

"Roger almost lost his hand when he woke her once."

I spring up almost immediately after that, making all the boys jump as I look to my side.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep," I say quickly, pushing my hair back from my face and praying I didn't move around a lot in my sleep. "Old habits are hard to break."