{ Chapter Twenty }

NSFW/this chapter is majority smut/

The intensity of the sun's light crushed through the warped pattern of Eva's bedroom window. The hogs made noise that floated through as Sarah fed them breakfast, excited for their meal.

Eva's hair dangled over the edge of the bed, stretched behind her as her neck and waist lay pressed into Ben's hands. They're woven between thighs, knees jutting behind the other.

They had spent a content night together, Ben no longer able to withstand another morning in the living room.

The pair managed to keep their cuddling relaxed, grasping onto each other for dear life through the night. Ben, most of all, feared what he would face seeing his mother again. He dreaded awaking the next day. He stayed up well past Eva falling asleep in his arms, watching as her chest rose and fell with her breath, eyes fluttering in security.

Just another piece to this peaceful daydream he feared may never be the same. He may never be able to hold her in such a way again, if things went poorly. A wrenching in his gut made him sick at the thought and he fell asleep with frustration.

Despite his late retirement, Ben awoke first. He didn't dare move a muscle, taking in the way the sun made the red hue of her hair dance and brighten in his brown eyes.

Their son. He had red hair like Eva. Ben remembered that from their connection.

The pit in him expanded, his memory recalling the way the dark vines of his curse wrapped around the boy's soul like a parasite.

Eva stirred in his arms, pressing her body closer despite the growing heat of the room. Ben welcomed it, kissing her head, her eyes, her temple.

"Goodmorning," she whispers into his chest, fingers curling into his shirt, eyes still closed.

Ben hums his acknowledgement, noticing how Eva stirred in his arms. A small smirk comes to him.

"Sweet dreams?" He surveys.

"Not as sweet as the real thing," she sighs, curling closer to him, her legs untangling to lift her outtermost leg around his hip. "I don't think I can leave bed like this."

Ben's hand reaches up, a finger feathering down her cheek to awaken her eyes.

"I should wake you, then," he responds matter of fact, shrinking down from her, hulking shoulders slipping slightly to be level with her. A long arm yanks her waist close, another pushing her skirt up as his mouth locked onto her neck.

Eva let him take her body into his hands, only moving to react.

After some long suckling of her neck their lips connect, sloppy in the morning air.

Ben wastes no time diving his fingers into her skirt, recognizing she hadn't put on another pair of underwear after yesterdays adventures.

She was oh so wet from her pleasant dream, hips eager for his touch as he slid a finger inside of her.

Her lungs push out a gasp, body coming alive.

Another finger slips inside Eva and Ben is pushing his own hips into her side, desperate for some sort of friction on himself.