[ chapter one ]

* * *

it was a sunny day out. there was a small breeze in the air but it was beautiful. there were three boys running around a flower field, picking up flowers for their mother so she could teach them how to make flower crowns.

"mum! we got flowers!" a short, brunette boy spoke, running up to his mother with his brothers, arms full of a variety of flowers. "come take a seat my darlings" she spoke with a warm smile.

the three grinned and took a seat in a circle in front of their mother, dumping the flowers in front of them in a pile. their mother carefully taught them how to make the flower crowns. their father sat down next to them, watching the boys concentrate very hard on making their flower crowns. while they were concentrated on making their flower crowns, their father took a daffodil and put it behind their mother's ear.

"i finished!" a blonde haired boy with a white stripes in his hair spoke, handing his mother his newly made flower crown. she took it and looked at it closely. "good job toms! this is a beautiful flower crown", she spoke with truthfulness and kindness to her voice.

"thank you mum!" he replied, taking the flower crown back and then put it on-top of his messy hair. while time went on, so did flower crown making. soon voices in the distance we're heard. their mother and father turned their heads to where the voices were and they saw three figures emerging from the woods, slowly walking towards them.

one was wearing a black hoodie, that had red stripes around the hood of it, which was pulled up. he had small, red horns protruding from the top of his head and his skin was completely black. he had a small, round golden halo on-top of his head. the other was wearing a white hoodie, with black stripes running down the sleeves. he had a golden chain hanging from his neck, blond hair and a scruffy beard. the last one resembled a siamese cat, but as a person and with clothes.

"tommy, tubbo, ranboo, take these daggers and run as far as you can. remember what we taught you" their dad spoke with a stern, yet comforting voice as he handed them each a small dagger.

"but dad, we wanna stay with you!" ranboo countered, refusing to take the dagger. "look honey listen, you can't stay with us. it's too dangerous" their mother spoke, putting her hands on ranboo's shoulders.

"who are they?" tubbo questioned, fear seeping through his voice. "it doesn't matter right nowt. i'm sorry you have to do this, but it's for your safety. we love you three so much" their father spoke, pulling the three of them into a hug. he pulled away and their mother hugged the three.

the younger ones looked at each other and then took the dagger from their parents, before looking back towards where the figures were. there were so close. "run my boys! run!" their mother shouted, as her and her husband stood up, taking out their own weapons. the boys turned around and ran into the woods.

"don't let the boys get away!" a deep voice shouted. the three of them tightened their grips on the daggers and kept running, not daring to look back. they stayed together but ran and ran. soon a taunting voice was heard from behind them, but it was still far.

"climb up this tree" tommy whispered to his brothers. he helped tubbo get up while ranboo teleported up and tommy climbed up pretty quickly. they looked down below them to see the man with the halo walking closer and closer.

"where are you little boys? i just wanna chat!" he spoke, not sounding like he wanted to chat. the boys stayed quiet. after not being able to locate where the three were, he got even angrier and ran back to his partners.

ranboo looked up and they had chosen a tree that could still let them see into the flower field. they carefully looked up, seeing their parents fighting with the three men. "we need to go save them!" tubbo shouted, starting to climb down the tree, only to be stopped by ranboo's hand.

"we can't take them tubs. they could and would kill us in one go" ranboo informed, not taking his eye off the flower field. the three stayed there, waiting for the moment they could go back to their parents. except. that moment never came. instead, they saw their parents falling to the ground, their swords dropping out of their hands.

"NO" tommy shouted, tears falling down his face. the three started sobbing, taking their eyes away from their parents. it was quiet, they didn't know what to do or say, only just to cry. ranboo looked back up to the field and saw the three men gone. he teleported back down the tree and started running towards the flower field, to his parents.

tommy and tubbo noticed their brother gone and saw him running, so they followed. tommy held tubbo's hand and ran even faster, being the fastest of the group. they caught up with Ranboo and soon reached their parents. even more tears flowed down their cheeks, as they dropped down to them and started violently shaking their parents in attempt to get them to wake up.

the part goat shook his mother with trembling hands, "m-mama, pa-papa? please wake up!" tubbo stuttered out.

"wake up!" ranboo sobbed, still shaking his father.

"this isn't funny! wake up mum!" tommy sobbed out even harder, shaking his mother. tommy put his ear up to his mother's chest, hoping to hear a heart beat. silent. "no, no, no" he panicked. he crawled over to his father, doing the same. again, silent. he fell back, staring at his lifeless parents.

"what tommy! what? why are you staring at them like that?" tubbo questioned his brother. tommy didn't answer, still in shock. "ANSWER ME" tubbo screamed, startling Tommy. "sorry" the young boy muttered. tubbo walked over to tommy, ranboo following. they sat on either side of their brother

"they're gone" he stuttered out. ranboo and tubbo looked at each other in fear, then back to their brother who was refusing to look anywhere but the ground.

"what do you mean...gone" ranboo questioned, panic seeping into his voice. "gone, gone. they don't have a.." he started, but stopped. his brain couldn't comprehend such a thing.

"have a what?" tubbo questioned, panic also seeping into his voice. "heartbeat" tommy breathed out. he couldn't believe it, but he had to. he needed to take care of his brothers.

tubbo choked out a sob. ranboo hid his face in his hands. they stayed there, in complete silence. tubbo hid his face into tommy's shoulder as a sign of comfort, tommy wrapped his arm around tubbo, bringing the boy closer to him. "it'll be ok tubs" tommy spoke in a soft voice, his voice cracking a little bit, "you still have us" he reassured.

"gotcha" a voice spoke from behind them. they all looked behind them and saw the three men standing there, axes in hands. "please don't hurt us" ranboo stuttered, desperately trying to get them out of the situation. 

"say hello to your parents for us" the siamese cat spoke. they all swung down their axes and everything went dark.

2241 words