[ chapter twelve ]

holy crap !! thank you guys so much for 1.03K reads <33

* * *

"we were made in a what?" ranboo faltered. maybe he heard his older brother wrong? maybe it was all a really really really bad dream. tommy just nodded, letting ranboo's suspicions get answered.

"mother and father used to work for manburg before they had us" tommy sighed out. "so are we their biological children?" tubbo stuttered out, looking up to tommy with glassy eyes.

tommy nodded, "we are technically, yes" he answered. "they made us in a lab and then put us back into our mother" the part-raccoon sighed out. "that's why we look nothing alike, that's why we don't look like our parents, and that's why we have these freak abilities" he listed on.

"but they told me on one of my nights there that when mother was 7 months pregnant with us, her and father ran away from manburg" he recounted, "because they didn't want for us to grow up in manburg" he added on in a quieter voice.

"so, w-we're the reason they got killed?" tubbo trembled. "no tubbo, don't say that" phil scolded softly, "none of this is your guys' faults, okay?" he reassured, making them all nod.

"so i'll cut to the chase" tommy dismissed, "with you guys they just extracted blood, looked at some screenings and studied you" he listed, making ranboo and tubbo nodded, "later on they were going to much more painful tests to all of us...so i told them to do whatever they wanted to me and not to do anything other than what they were already doing to you guys" he confessed, looking away from everybody and instead to the ground.

it was very silent. nothing but the sounds of some chatter from inside the castle walls were heard. "toms.." tubbo finally spoke. tommy looked up, his eyes were filled to the brim with tears. he bit his bottom lip and then blinked, his tears starting to fall down his face.

he shook slightly, "i didn't want them t-to hurt you.." his voice wavered. he looked up at will. the brunette gently took tommy's hand into his, rubbing it soothingly. "i don't know how to describe what happened to me, i really don't" he sniffled, "it just felt like i didn't have any control of my body whatsoever. like every time they did something, i left my body and i was made to watch everything from outside my body." he started breaking down.

"i was so scared" he sobbed, "but i didn't want you two to go through it. so i dealt with it, all of it" he wiped away is tears. techno was silent. super silent. his hands were in fists, they were shaking because of how tightly he had them closed. in his head, he was planning a list of ways he was going to brutally murder schlatt. how he was going to destroy manburg.

phil's heart was hurting heavily for all three of the young boys. as much as he wanted to get revenge on schlatt, his boys needed him. plus, when he looked techno's direction, he already new what was going through his eldest's mind. kristen was gently rubbing tommy's back, to let him know that she was there. will was quiet too, he was trying to get his mind around the fact that all of these horrible things were happening to kids that were barely 10!

tubbo and ranboo felt very guilty. they had just started to understand just what tommy had sacrificed for them. how much he had matured to take care of them. he was only a couple of minutes older than them, but his mentality felt so much older. in all honesty, they wouldn't even be alive if tommy wasn't here. he guided them through those two years in the forest. he didn't hesitate to get his emotions together. hell, he didn't have time for emotions the day their parents died.