[ chapter eight ]

* * *

over the next few weeks, tubbo and ranboo spent most of their time by tommy's side. they prayed that he woke up soon. the crew boys were with tommy, while everyone else went to get some rest. eret had brought them some noodles, so they talked while they ate. dream was running his fingers through tommy's hair, careful not to touch his ears because he knew tommy's ears were sensitive.

"it's so fucked that someone would have the heart to do such a thing" quackity spoke. his heart hurt for the three. they had such bad luck and they were only 6. the others nodded in agreement. sapnap had his hand wrapped around tommy's small hand. a few minutes later, sapnap felt something squeeze at his hand. he looked down at tommy and saw the blond's eyes slowly fluttering open. he gasped, a small smile plastering his face.

"toms, hey bud" he spoke softly, not wanting to scare the boy. the rest of the crew boys got up, walking to the bed. tommy's eyes slowly opened as he looked at each of the crew boys faces.

"where am i?" he questioned, his voice raspy from not using it much.

"you're in the hospital" george informed. tommy slowly sat up straight, wincing at the pain in his head. his throat felt as dry as the sahara desert, yet he felt so cold. george walked out of the room to get fundy.

"it's so cold" he was visibly shaking. sapnap took off his hoodie immediately, handing it to tommy. the blond thanked him, pulling it on. the hoodie basically covered tommy's entire body, but he didn't mind. the blond retreated into the hoodie, closing his eyes again, "are tubs and boo ok?" he questioned, opening his eyes.

"they're fine toms, please think about yourself" karl reassured, gently rubbing tommy's arm.

"they couldn't have gotten here without you" quackity told him, a small smile etching onto tommy's face. fundy soon walked in by himself, checking on tommy's stats and running small tests.

"how are you feeling tommy?" fundy questioned.

"um i have a huge headache, my throat feels like a desert, i'm so frickin cold and my stomach feels like it is eating itself" tommy listed, "but I'm feeling great fundy! how are you?" tommy questioned sarcastically. everyone chuckled seeing that tommy still could crack jokes to lighten the mood.

"i'll get you some food. i'll also go get ranboo and tubbo" fundy said, turning his back.

"wait!" tommy called out, fundy turned around. "don't bring them yet, tomorrow morning please" tommy pleaded. fundy smiled and nodded, walking out of the room. tommy hugged his knees tightly, resting his head on his knees.

"tommy, you alright?" dream question, placing his hand ontop of tommy's messy hair. tommy nodded slightly.

"you know you can talk to us right?" sapnap questioned. tommy looked up from his knees and to every single one of the crew boys. being around them made him feel so safe. he smiled and nodded, knowing full well that he could trust those five.

fundy soon came back into the room with chicken noodle soup. it was placed on the tray table and tommy started slowly eating it. when the first bite went down, he placed the fork down and dramatically placed his hand up to his chest, "oh the sweet taste of food! the great feeling of warmth" he spoke dramatically, causing everyone to start laughing. the six of them talked for the rest of the night, cracking jokes and making each other laugh a lot.

tommy ended up falling asleep again due to his major migraine. when he woke up again, the crew boys were still there but asleep. tommy looked up at the ceiling, his memories of manburg rushing back. he cringed at the memories. his parents didn't even know who they were. no. he couldn't cry. he needed to be strong. for tubbo and ranboo. fundy walked into the room. his face split into a small smile as he walked over, handing tommy a glass of water and two pills. tommy smiled, remembering the last time this exact moment happened.