[ chapter ten ]

* * *

there was apparently new people who wanted to work with sleepy kingdom. they were coming over to see phil and kristen. the five kids watched from the window as two horses trotted into the courtyard. tubbo couldn't help but get a very bad gut feeling. those horses seemed way too familiar, but where had he seen them before?

when the horses came to a halt, they watched two figures get off them. when tubbo turned around, his brothers and the twins were gone. he shrugged it off and walked aimlessly around the halls, greeting different people like he always did. a lot of the workers of the castle liked tubbo, he was a very friendly kid.

he made his way down to the kitchen area and walked around, getting out of the way of the cooks. one of the cooks saw him and smiled, waving at the boy. tubbo would usually look at the cooks doing their things. sometimes he would be their taste tester. he liked those days. he soon made his way out of the kitchen and took a walk around the garden.

when he walked back inside, his curiosity got the best of him and he made his way to the room where phil, kristen plus the new people were. he peeked through the door and got a pretty good view of the situation. his heart dropped when he saw who the two new people were. without a thought, he burst through the door, making everyone's heads turn to him, "tubbo?" kristen questioned, "is everything ok?" she questioned, seeing how pale he was.

tubbo's eyes glanced down to phil and saw his hand extended, probably to shake hands with the people. he gasped, "don't shake their hands!" he stuttered out.

"why not?" phil questioned, putting his hand down.

the part-goat looked up to the two people and cringed, "they aren't who you think they are" he said after a silence. they really had the audacity to change their hair colour and add different things to their face. unbelievable.

"excuse me?" the woman spoke, sounding offended.

"tubbo" phil started, "that's not very nice" he said softly.

"you just have to trust me on this, don't hire them" he pleaded, his hands started slowly shaking.

"he's a child!" the man said, "he doesn't know what he's talking about" he added on.

"tubbo, what are you talking about?" kristen questioned, walking over to the shaken boy. she crouched down and he turned to face her. the brunette looked over to the two strangers sitting on the couch and scanned there face, he had to be sure about this.

"those two are my parents" he informed, making the king and queen look at each other in disbelief.

"but your parents passed" phil said, looking between the two people in the couch and tubbo.

"they did" tubbo stated, "but they got revived somehow" he added on. phil turned his attention back to the female and male seated on the couch.

"is this true?" he questioned, looking between the two. the two of them shared a glance and then sighed, looking back at the king.

"yes" the female said, "but we aren't here to cause any harm" she spoke innocently.

"we started remembering everything and came here to get closer to our children" the male backed up, "schlatt was being cruel to us, he was brainwashing us!" he added on.

"i'm just happy that we got out before he realised" the female perked up.

"oh bullshit!" tubbo screamed, "you've changed your hair colour and look!"

"tubbo." phil warned, tubbo just scoffed in disbelief.

"it's so schlatt doesn't recognise us anymore" the now blonde woman spoke.