[ chapter five ]

* * *

the next morning, tommy woke up rather early. 5:38am to be exact. he sat up, rubbing his eyes and looked around. the blond started panicking, he didn't remember where he was. he then came to his senses and remembered what had happened the previous day. he sighed and let his head fall back on the pillow. he wasn't tired at all. just thinking about why the royals were being so nice to them. they had stolen from their kingdom village, yet they were so nice to give them a place to stay. maybe these adults weren't that bad.

tommy sighed, pulling the covers off him and getting off his bed. he checked on his brothers and saw that they were fast asleep. he then made his way into the bathroom and whined at how bright the light was. the part-raccoon brushed his teeth and then walked back outside and into his closet. there were a lot of clothes.

tommy looked around the closet trying to find clothes to wear. he found a white button up shirt, beige jeans and a pair of sneakers. tommy shrugged and walked back into the bathroom, turning on the shower. once it was warm enough, tommy undressed and got inside, sighing under the warm water.

he scrubbed his body with the loofah which had soap on it. whenever he closed his eyes, he kept seeing snippets of the day at the field. he sighed, turning off the water, grabbing his towel and drying his body before getting dressed. the clothes fit perfectly, almost like it was made for him. the jeans were a bit too long, so he rolled up the pants legs a bit. he looked into the mirror and dried his hair like eret had done. once it was dry enough, tommy fluffed his hair up and styled it a bit with his hands before being happy with what it looked like.

"i look good" he muttered to himself, looking at the mirror and smiling. he then turned off the light, quietly making his way past his peacefully sleeping brothers and out the door, closing it quietly after he was out of the room.

he made his way through the halls seeing if he could find anyone he knew. it was only servants up at 6am, he figured they were used to waking up early. he made his way down the stairs, greeting the servants as they passed.

he then walked out into the garden. his ears picked up a soft guitar being played. he slowly walked towards the sound of the guitar. it lead him towards a small gazebo hidden away by nature. inside was wilbur with his eyes closed, strumming his guitar. the part-ghost was too into his own world to hear tommy walking in and sitting against the wall on the floor, hugging his knees.

i thought i couldn't love anymore

turns out i can't, but not for the same reasons as before

i use everyone i ever meet

i can't find the perfect match

abuse those i love

while i ostracize the ones who love me

back

on the path of least resistance, i find myself salting the earth

every time that i miss you

i feel the way you hurt

and i don't deserve you

you deserve the world

though it feels like we were built

from the same dirt

i hate to say it

but your sister was right

don't trust english boys

with far too much free time

and i hate to say it

but your sister was right

i'm nothing but a problem