[ chapter thirteen ]

just a side note: i changed the ages for a few of the side characters in the intro

* * *

nine years later...

ever since the day wilbur and technoblade ran into tommy, ranboo and tubbo in the town, no one knew their lives would change drastically. the royal family now had three new princes who were about turn 15. the memories the triplets had made with the royal family, they would cherish forever. it was almost like they had been with them since birth. at the beginning of the year, the triplets were told some important news.

the royal family gets to choose if they die or not.

during the king's hunter days, he became great friends with a sorcerer. in fact, he saved his life. the sorcerer paid philza back by saying his family are given the gift of immortality. but only if they wish to be immortal. he was told that his children are to make this important decision on the night of their 15th birthday. both will and techno made their decisions, both of them deciding to be immortal. they all knew the side affects of being immortal.

so as the tradition continues, the triplets had been given time to think of their decision. it wasn't as easy as they thought it would be. in fact, it was a hard decision. tubbo wants nothing more than to be immortal. dying is one of his biggest fears. ranboo doesn't. he doesn't want to go through the pain of losing everyone he loves over and over. sure his family are immortal, but his friends are not. dream, sapnap, niki, eret, foolish...they're not immortal. he would have to go through the pain of losing them all. knowing that they have the risk of dying, while he gets an opportunity to be reckless and live no matter what. tommy would take on whatever decision his brothers agreed on.

but it ended up for him having to be a tie breaker, which he hated more than ever. if he chose immortality, he would upset ranboo. if he chose to die, he would upset tubbo. when they talked to the queen and king about it, they suggested that they pick their own individual choices. the triplets hated that idea and shut it down immediately. then one night, tubbo and ranboo started to fight over it. they fought and fought, until tubbo caved in. he started realising all the downsides of immortality, so they made their decision.

they were going to die.

the night of their 15th birthday rolled around much quicker than anticipated. everyone knew of the triplets' decision, but they couldn't change their mind. they had to accept the fact that they were going to lose people. the royal family got into their carriage and anxiously waited until they arrived to the old sorcerer's hut. when they got there, tommy did not like the feeling in his stomach. he nervously grasped onto whoever's hand he could, it happening to be techno. the piglin smiled slightly and held tommy's hand even tighter.

they got to the hut and phil knocked on the door. it opened to reveal the sorcerer. "ah welcome king philza" he greeted, stepping aside to let them inside. "so you informed me that they do not wish to be immortal" the sorcerer started, "so to what do i owe this pleasure, old friend?" he questioned, taking a seat.

"is there a way you can cast them the littlest bit of protection. not immortal, just protection" phil questioned. the sorcerer nodded his head, looking between tubbo, ranboo and tommy. "i wouldn't be a sorcerer if i couldn't ay?" the cloaked man chuckled. kristen sighed in relief and thanked him.

"wait here while i get it prepared" he instructed, walking into another room. will walked to one of the shelves and reached his hand out, "wilbur do not touch anything" the man called out from the room.

"how the hell does he always know?!" will questioned angrily under his breath, "i heard that" the sorcerer called out again. will screamed silently. a few minutes of calming down the triplets later, the cloaked man returned into the room with three cups of tea.