[ chapter eleven ]

* * *

a week or two had passed since the triplets' parents had showed up. things were going steady, or so everyone thought. the triplets were all starting to get nightmares, but they obviously kept it to themselves. they weren't too keen on making themselves look even more crazy then most people thought they were. the thing is, they didn't even tell each other they were getting nightmares, but they knew the others were having nightmares too.

ranboo awoke gasping due to his nightmare. he rubbed his eyes and got out of bed, checking the windows were locked. his eyes glanced at the clock on his bedside table. the time showed 8:47am. the boy sighed, making his way over to the bathroom. he brushed his teeth and then carefully tip toed into his wardrobe, pulling on a sweater since it was a cold day.

he walked out of his room, closing the door quietly and down the steps. he made his way through the halls, greeting the workers as he passed. tired, he made his way into the garden area and inhaled deeply. the part-enderman walked over to a bench and lay down on it, looking up at the sky which was still a darker colour, but slowly getting lighter. in his head he thought the sky represented their lives. everything was going bad, but slowly, with time, it'll all be better.

"ranboo?" he heard someone call out. he didn't say anything, just waved his hand around aimlessly. he heard footsteps towards him and soon looked up to see phil looking down at him with a smile. the boy, sat up straight, pulling his legs over so they were on the ground. phil took this as an opportunity to take a seat, "are you alright mate?" phil questioned in a warm tone.

ranboo was silent. was he ok? "i don't know" he muttered. "well, what's on your mind?" phil questioned.

"i keep having nightmares about manburg" he muttered, which made phil frown slightly, "we all do" he added on in a whisper. "can i ask what the nightmare is about?" he questioned.

ranboo looked up at phil and sighed, "tommy got taken away from us for whatever that they did, he never said, and never came back..." he muttered, his voice slightly breaking.

"what did they do to you guys at manburg?" phil questioned, placing an arm on ranboo's shoulder. the boy looked up at phil with teary eyes.

"it was horrible phil, they did horrible things to us at manburg" ranboo burst out into tears, "they were doing so many tests on us, treating us like science projects" he sobbed on into phil chest.

"then every night they took tommy away from us to do something to him, and when tommy came back he looked so exhausted. he looked like the life was being drained out of him phil" ranboo continued to tell through sobs. the boy paused, "he looked like he was dying" he stated, his voice breaking again.

"oh my god" phil muttered. all of this, to three six year olds? schlatt was even worse than he thought. they stayed in silence as ranboo cried into phil's chest, while the king just comforted him.

minutes later, they heard chatter coming from behind them. ranboo retreated from phil's chest, wiping his tears away with the sleeves of his sweater. they both looked behind them and saw kristen, will, tommy, techno and tubbo with each other. tubbo saw ranboo's puffy red eyes and ran over, hugging him as tightly as he could, "what's wrong boo?" he questioned in a soft tone.

"who do i have to kill?" techno questioned, walking over to the three. "schlatt" ranboo muttered. he looked between his brothers, "i told phil" he confessed.

"that's okay!" tubbo reassured, sensing his brother was scared they didn't want him to tell anyone. "what happened?" will questioned softly.

tubbo sighed, "when we got to manburg, we were in this really cold room with three pillows and one blanket. then later in the day, schlatt came to us with three guards and we were taken somewhere", tubbo paused, "they did experiments on us, treated us like test subjects" he breathed out. tommy and ranboo cringed at the memories, "but, when they took us back, every night they would take tommy away" he said, looking up at tommy, "when you came back, you wouldn't tell us what happened, you looked.." tubbo said to him, stopping to try and find a description.