two

Dream quickly excuses himself, making sure that George isn't offended by his not-so-sudden exit.

George isn't offended at all, I'm fact, he's pretty curious if Dream would keep his word and come back.

George thinks he won't come back, but that doesn't stop him from waiting for him. Most volunteers at the hospital are like that, they're probably here to put some good word on their college paper or to brag to people about spooning soup into some old and diseased lady's mouth.

Oh, and did he mention that they always talked about how them being on their 'death beds'?

George knows many people like that. Most of the visitors are, anyway. But Dream was different, and George had no idea what it was.

It could've been how unsure he sounded, or the fact that he was forced to do this program. He didn't know why the second fact soothed him. It made him happy to know that someone was suffering alongside him.

Okay, maybe that sounded a bit mean.

In the end, George was just happy that someone knew how it felt to be stuck somewhere with no escape.

He didn't like Dream, and he didn't want to. But he did prefer Dream over all the past volunteers. Unlike the other ones, the blonde was tolerable, to say the least. At least he had the nerve to admit that he didn't want to be there. Other people would probably spin on some story, telling him how much they wanted to help the world become a better place.

A bunch of shit.

It was a good thing Dream wasn't like that because if he was, George wouldn't look forward to his next visit.

But here he was, making a fool of himself and awaiting the presence of a forced-to-be-volunteer.

—————

Dream's relieved that he's out of the awkward space and even more awkward conversations. But the kind of crazy side of his brain tells him that he needs to go back.

He agreed to the 'see you later' didn't he?

Yes, yes he did.

He didn't regret it either.

Setting his thoughts aside, he headed to the hospital cafeteria, where he would be having his lunch before going to his dad's office to sort out some type of paperwork.

Even when his family owned the hospital, Dream has never set foot in the cafeteria.

So sitting alone in a shady corner? That was also a pretty new concept.

He had begged his dad to let him eat in his office like he usually did, but his dad said something about 'being like the others and living like the others.'

It made no sense, but Dream nodded nonetheless.

The cafeteria wasn't anything too special, it looked like the usual lunch tables back at school. Rows and rows of blue and white benches scattered the whole room and a large selection of food was pushed to the left of the spacious room. The other side of the food area was just a large glass panel, overlooking the trees bordering them.

The people who ate here were probably just the regular doctors, maybe some volunteers too.

Dream felt out of place like he didn't belong here. But there wasn't anything he could do, so he quickly got his food and found an empty table near the window.

He ate in silence as he checked his phone for messages. A couple of people had texted him during his shift, but he didn't really feel like replying. Instead, he decided on reading some science articles about glow-in-the-dark cats. It sounded like total bull to him, but it was better than sitting there with a lonely expression on his face.

heart monitors-dreamnotfoundOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara