nine

TYTY FOR 540 READS. i honestly thought that this story would flop, seeing as it's weirdly written and has a really odd plot. thank u anyways <3

also, my friend keeps asking me why i respond to funny ass comments all the time. i've lost my sanity, my wisdom, and my inner compass writing these, so ig i still have my sense of humor. funny how life works.

so if i reply to ur comment with random words, i'm sorry, its just how i am :/ hope u dont mind too much haha

—————

Dream and Molly stood in front of the white picket fences as Molly's mother unlocked the front gate, swinging the small door open for them.

They were back at George's family's house, even if George had only been here once or twice.

The house was pretty large, considering that only two people were living there. They had a front and backyard containing a swing set and the colorful plastic slides you always see in playgrounds. The garden was filled with soft green grass and a couple of plant plots lying here and there, sprouting flowers in a bunch of different colors.

The porch was painted white like the fences that bordered the area, with a small bench with a beige cushion and a door leading to the main part of the house. A string of fairy lights was twirled around the wooden poles that led up to the ceiling, creating an elegant and pretty look for the exterior of the house.

Dream had seen a lot of pretty things during his lifetime. His house, for one. The modern and overly-priced apartment towered above the rest, with marble floors and pearly white walls. An elegant victorian styled lobby with rose gold twisted into variants of shapes and swirls, a handcrafted couch made with thick velvet fabric, and wooden lion feet that pointed to the polished floor.

But this was a whole different concept of 'pretty.' His home was more of a 'grand' type of pretty, this house was softer and sweet-looking.

The faded blue blanket that lay thrown over the chair couldn't possibly compare to the tinted glass that stood proudly in front of the elevator, under the large clock that never seemed to stop making its obnoxious ticking noise.

Molly bounded up the stepping stones and onto the porch, immediately unlocking the door and leaving it wide open invitingly. "Ta-da!" she smiled happily.

The inside of the house was like the outside, but warmer and more gentle.

The kitchen was to the left of the entrance, a marble white counter - similar to Dream's, with a bowl of snacks placed in the middle. The blonde quickly spotted out the cave, where the TV and resting chairs were. He also found the living room, where a large oak table rested, four chairs placed on each edge of the table.

Something told him that two of the chairs were unused.

All the rooms were full of light, bright sunshine spilling through the open windows that pressed against the entrance to the backyard. The ground was covered in a soft blue-white carpet, and every surface was covered.

A couple of magazines were laid on top of the coffee table, and frames of all sizes and colors stood proudly on the hallway tables and lamp stands.

As he was exploring the house, he found framed photos of them pinned on every surface. A brown leather frame with an image of Molly at a piano concert, a gold-tinted image of Molly and her mother at the beach.

He stopped his gaze at a relatively big photo, where four people stood. He could spot George's mother, for she hasn't changed much. Dream assumed that the older man with the soft expression was his father. Molly was probably the girl in the photo, although she looked far younger and far smaller than she was now. His eyes faltered at the boy in the image, who also looked like George, but younger and happier.