Chapter 10 - The Blackhawks

Hi guys a little more of a light hearted/upbeat chapter for you for this update. Sorry if it isn't great my writers block was back yet again, hence me updating quite late. Anyways I really hope you enjoy this chapter and get to know my OC of Gracie better! I promise they'll be more drama in the next one for those of you who are not so keen on the more upbeat chapters. Thanks for reading!

"Hey Will!" Jay yelled across the parking lot as we got out the car to go into the United Center.

"Hey man, you hit the traffic?" Jay asked as they met up before all walking towards the entrance.

"Nah, Goodwin let us off a little early so we could beat it. We worked overtime a lot the last couple of shifts and there were a few doctors on call so she didn't mind. How about you guys?" Will responded.

"Voight let us off early too actually, Gracie didn't have such a good day..." Jay started quietly making sure Gracie, Hailey and Natalie were well in front of them before continuing so he didn't bring it back up in front of Gracie.

"Is she ok?" Will asked in a concerned tone, looking ahead at the kid who was walking with Hailey and Nat wearing her hockey jersey, with paint stripes on her face.

"She's getting there, but had a tough day at school today. It was her first day back at high school after what happened and the kid that used to pick on her got ten times worse." Jay explained.

"Did it get dealt with?" Will questioned.

"Well he got suspended, but so did Gracie's best friend that was trying to defend her. Hailey and I have noticed that she blames herself for everything and beats herself up about most things as well. After this she came back to the district looking pale and she thought it was all her fault."

"I'm no Dr Charles, but I did do a Psych rotation during residency, and I'd say that's fairly common in kids that have the level of childhood trauma that she's had. Has she been sleeping any better?" Will asked the doctor side of him coming out a little.

"She still has the odd nightmare here and there but she's getting better. Dr Charles prescribed her some anti-anxiety meds for before she goes to sleep they seem to be making her calmer." Jay responded.

"That's good, look if you need to bring her back in if anything gets worse we'll take a look at her anytime." Will said and Jay nodded gratefully.

"Thanks man we appreciate it." Jay said patting his brother on the shoulder as they walked into the United Center.

The group took their seats and began to watch the hockey as the first period started.

"Hey look Kane's got it!" Gracie said excitedly as they watched Patrick Kane glide towards the net.

"Alright Kane let's do this! Come on man." Jay said also looking hopeful as they watched the player.

"He's got it, he's got it." Will added as the likelihood of a scoring a goal got closer and closer for the Blackhawks.

Patrick Kane passed the puck to Jonathan Toews who scores a goal causing them to all leap out of their seats cheering and shouting in glee.

Hailey and Jay smiled at each other as they both saw a wide smile on Gracie's face at the hawks goal. It was the happiest they had seen her since she came out of the hospital and had got settled and it was really great to see for both of them.

"That was awesome." Gracie exclaimed as she stayed focused on the game so she didn't miss out on anything.

"Sure was kid, that sure was something." Will agreed, patting her on the shoulder lightly. They all still had smiles on their faces from the goal as the cheering from the crowd died down and they all took their seats again, the first period ended a few minutes later.