Chapter 11 - Visiting Time.

Hey everyone, hope you enjoy this chapter! Thanks for reading! Whether you're new to the story or continuing to read I hope you enjoy this update.

"They said you had a good week Grandma? That you've been feeling a little better?" Gracie asked her Grandma. She had come for her visit on Sunday which she had been doing more regularly since she lived with Jay and Hailey.

It was harder when she lived with her Dad because he'd rarely let her see her after she had been taken out of her Grandma's care because of her Alzheimer's. She'd been put in a senior citizen home out in Naperville and there wasn't a chance he would drive her out there nor did she have the money to make it down there anymore than once a month at the most.

She felt awful, her Grandma cared for her more than any other person in the world when her Mom died. All whilst grieving herself for the loss of her daughter. When she got put in the home in Naperville, Gracie felt powerless like there was nothing she could do to help the one person who put everything into helping her.

Hailey already knew a little about Gracie's Grandma since when they gave the talk (when they first met Gracie) Miss Harper told Hailey about when Gracie had stayed with her and how she had been taken out of her care because of the Alzheimer's.

After only spending a few days with Gracie, Hailey knew how much she loved and missed her Grandma so her and Jay began taking her to visit her in Naperville every Sunday when Gracie started living with them.

"Things are a little clearer I think. Is my daughter coming to visit?" The older lady asked making Gracie pause unsure how to respond. No matter how many times her Grandma asked that question it never got easier to answer.

She got advised by the staff that cared for her not to explain exactly what happened with her Mother when her Grandma got confused or forgot. It would be too painful for her to keep finding out and her body may not be able to handle that level of stress.

"Not today Grandma, she said she was sorry she couldn't make it." Gracie said in minimal response hoping to change the subject.

"Oh that's ok dear, my daughter's a nurse you know." She said turning to Jay and Hailey who she saw standing a few steps behind Gracie.

"Yes ma'am we heard that, you must be very proud." Jay responded with a smile interested in what Gracie's Grandma, Elsie had to say.

"So so proud." Elsie agreed. "It's a shame she couldn't make it but she works long hours you know?" She said and Hailey nodded in understanding but also gave a sympathetic look to Gracie who was having to almost pretend her Mom was still alive.

"Gracie, why don't you tell your Grandma about the tennis regionals tomorrow?" Hailey suggested encouragingly, also attempting to change the subject a little for Gracie's sake.

"Ooooo tennis, my Granddaughter plays tennis I think." Elsie added interested in what Gracie had to say.

"Yeah that right Grandma she does. I am your Granddaughter, it's me Gracie remember? You used to come watch some of my games when I lived with you." Gracie reminded with a kind smile reflecting on the nice memories she had of her Grandma cheering her on.

"I don't but I remember how much I loved my Granddaughter...you remind me so much of my daughter so you must be her." Elsie explained racking her brain desperately trying to find more memories of them. "I remember smaller things, like how my daughter Clara smiles when my Granddaughter...when you score points in tennis. She's so proud of you."