PART 311-320💌

311.

“You guys can stay here. No worries, my aunt owns this house but she’s living in another city so no one else goes here but me & my family.”

Bogum said as they enter another house beside them. It wasn’t small, nor big. Just enough for them to fit in.

Bogum helped them fix their things and told them about the things in the house.

After everything was settled, Jennie had fallen asleep, and Yoongi had just went to bed.

“Aren’t you going to sleep?” Bogum asked, Tae was just standing still.

Tae shook his head slowly. “I don’t think I can sleep.” He said, but he really looks tired.

Bogum couldn’t say anything, and just sighed. He wanted to cheer up Tae just for a short time.

“I’ll just get something, stay here.” Bogum said and went outside.

Tae went outside the house to avoid disturbing his siblings and to also wait for Bogum.

Not long after, Bogum arrived with a bouquet on his hands. Tae thought it was flowers, but he somehow smiled when he saw that it was a bouquet of strawberries.

“Jajaaaan!” Bogum said.

He handed Tae the bouquet. Well luckily, he did not throw it away yet.

“You said you strawberry is your comfort fruit right? So I thought, maybe you’ll somehow feel better if you eat this.”

Tae chuckled, he felt so touched at how thoughtful Bogum was.

“Did you make this?” Tae asked, they went onto their mini garden and sat on the bench together.

It was already 11 in eve, but Tae felt like the sun above the middle of the night — he’s questioning his existence.

“Yeah, I made it. Do you like it?” Bogum asked.

Tae nodded with an impish smile. “Yes, its looks beautiful.”

Bogum bit his lip to control his smile. He wanted to jump like a 5 year old kid out of happiness. He’s really glad that Tae liked it.

But since Tae was gloomy, he couldn’t.

Tae ate the strawberries in silence. His eyes were tearing up, but he felt so drained to even shed a tear.

“Do you...wanna talk about it?” Bogum asked gently, he didn’t want to trigger him.

Tae let out a shaky and heavy breath. “I don’t know either...”

“So many things happened today and I wasn’t even ready...” Tae started.

“But right now, all I can think of is my sister. I promised mother that I’ll make sure she graduates and have a good life. Her school was in Australia, but how am I gonna send her back there?”

“Can’t she just study here in Korea?” Tae shook his head, “She had a brighter future there. Our father can not control her and she’s much safer in Australia.”

Bogum did not speak, he didn’t want to. He’s not used to this kinds of scenarios but he’s a good listener.

Bogum’s eyes lingered onto Tae’s right hand, it was covered in cloth and it has stains of blood.

“What happened to your hand?” Bogum asked. “O-Oh uh...”

“I injured myself...I was doing the gift for Captain.” He said and took out the handkerchief in his pocket.