Part 5: A Different Country? Demons?

A week later, Ryuga and Alice stood in the throne room. Julius spoke, "Just a while ago, our neighbouring country filed in a request for assistance."

Ryuga blinked, "A neighbouring country?"

Merlin nodded, "Yes, the country is called Ikazuchi. Its located directly east of our kingdom."

Alice asked, "So, what was the request?"

Julius nodded, "Merlin."

The mage let out a breath, "They are facing an issue with demons. Or more accurately, A demon. Turns out this demon has been living in the mountains near a village for some time, and the villagers have been offering tributes to it for the past few decades, in exchange for peace and quiet."

Alice nodded, "I sense a but."

Merlin nodded, "Yes, the demon has decided that the tributes aren't enough, and it's now threatening the country to hand over a human sacrifice. More specifically, their princess."

The blonde princess widened her eyes, "Wait! Does that mean?!"

Julius nodded, "Exactly, they wanted Merlin to help... But well..."

The mage cheerfully finished, "I believe young Ryuga would be very much qualified to deal with this."

Ryuga blinked, "Seriously?"

Merlin chuckled, "Ah but of course, have you checked your achievements recently? Your fellow heroes pale in comparison, and well, I am rather curious."

The king nodded, "So am I, but don't worry, he'll go with you as insurance. Just in case you fail to deal with it, he'll step in."

Merlin simply smiled when Ryuga looked at him, and the young man sighed, "Fine..."

Alice nodded, "Yeah that's good and all, did that demon give them a time frame?"

The mage nodded, "He did, they are to offer Miyamoto Megumi by the end of this week, or he'll wreak havoc upon their country and raze it to the ground."

Ryuga frowned, "That's rather unreasonable."

Julius nodded, "It is, and that is why we need to deal with it."

Alice frowned, "But isn't Ikazuchi like a week's journey?"

Merlin laughed good-heartedly, "Worry not, that's also another reason I'm coming along. Magic is useful in many ways, young princess."

The blonde huffed at his words, and Ryuga asked, "You wouldn't happen to have a teleportation spell, would you?"

The mage's splitting grin was his only answer. Julius then spoke again, "You'll leave now, I expect good news when you return."

Merlin hopped down to the two, "Now, let's get going, shall we?"

Without waiting for a response, the mage tapped his staff on the ground, and everything spun.

Xxx

Ryuga blinked when his surroundings settled, and he looked around. No longer were the three of them in the throne room.

Instead, they were below a sakura tree, and before them were rows of old Japanese style houses. Ryuga blinked, "Where are we?"

Merlin smiled as he took in the scene, "Ikazuchi, my friend. You'll find the architecture and culture very different than what you've seen in our kingdom."

Ryuga nodded, "I can tell."

He wasn't unfamiliar with this atmosphere. He was half Japanese, after all, and he spent most of his free time watching anime and Japanese related stuff.