Part 12: Filler Chapter? Sort Of.

Xxx

In the blink of an eye, Ryuga found himself back on solid ground. It'd been a good call to have removed the Shin Getter.

God knows how the people would react if a giant Getter Robo that radiated Getter Rays appeared and crushed the shrine.

"Oh my gosh you actually did it!"

Ryuga blinked when he found Koyomi hugging him tightly, "Thank you!"

The hero blinked, "Uhh, you're welcome?"

The girl quickly let him go, and Ryuga glanced in front of him. Rinko sported a grateful look, something mirrored by Kiryuu and several other people.

Though there were a few who were less than thrilled, much to his confusion.

The head priestess lowered her head as she spoke, "Words cannot express how grateful I am, hero Ryuga."

Ryuga smiled, "Ah, it's no big deal."

One of the elders, an old woman with cat features, looked at him, "But to have dealt with the curse in such a short amount of time, how did you do it?"

Ryuga blinked, "Eh?"

Rinko nodded, "Indeed, I'm curious as well, if you would be willing to share."

The hero scratched his cheek, "Ah well, I just used one of my armors. That's all."

Raikou stared at him in disbelief, "You mean to tell me you destroyed a curse that has plagued us for decades, centuries even! With a simple set of armor?"

The hero smiled awkwardly, "No, I wouldn't exactly call it simple..."

The Shin Getter was one of the strongest Super Robots, after all.

Kiryuu spoke up, "At any rate, you've done us a great service. I believe we should reward him, no?"

Ryuga waved his hands quickly, "Nonono, let's just leave it as is. I just helped a friend, that's all."

Rinko looked at him, "I believe we didn't tell you the whole thing. The curse would've grown stronger, if left in the seal, and would eventually break out before the calamity can befall upon the world."

Raikou folded his arms, "Hmph, the world would've been destroyed before that so called calamity can come."

The queen nodded, "Exactly, plus, it has been our burden for ages. Let us express our gratitude."

Ryuga sighed, "Okay..."

Xxx

Later that night, Ryuga stood outside the shrine, watching the city.

"Couldn't sleep?"

The hero glanced to a side to see Rinko walking to him, "Sort of. You?"

The priestess gave him a dry smile, "Well, I heard there was someone outside the shrine, so I came to check."

Ryuga blinked, "Oh, sorry."

Rinko chuckled, "Don't worry about it."

The hero looked back at the city, the lights slowly dimming out. The queen spoke, "The curse, that glob of darkness, as you put it, it has been our burden for ages."

Ryuga looked at her, and Rinko continued, "She may seem otherwise, but it's been troubling my sister for a very long time."

The hero nodded, "Yeah, anyone would be."

The queen snorted, "Give birth to two children, and pass on the curse to one of them before dying. That was the fate she would've faced, regardless of whatever she'd do."