Part 6: A New Arc? School?

A few weeks later, Ryuga sat in the dining area for servants in the castle, tiredly eating a plate of steak.

"Dude, sup?"

He glanced to a side to see Danny, "Oh, hey Danny..."

The older man blinked, "Dude, you look like shit!"

Ryuga nodded, "Yeah, cramming years worth of history of a completely different world does that to you."

Danny blinked, "What? Why?"

The younger man sighed.

(Flashback)

...

A few days ago, Ryuga and Alice stood in the throne room again. Julius looked at his daughter, "So, school starts in a month."

The blonde grimaced, "Please don't remind me."

The king sighed, "Alice, you cannot keep going on adventures like this. You need to finish school first, even your brother is getting ready."

The blonde princess grumbled, "I know... I know..."

Ryuga blinked, "School?"

Merlin appeared by the king's side, "Indeed, there's a school for nobles and royalty of all countries in a neutral land between all the countries, and Alice, Arthur, as well as the heirs for every country attends it, along with various nobles."

Ryuga nodded, "Oh... I see..."

Alice grumbled, "It's a pain to go there. Like, I have friends there, yeah, but the people there are so annoying."

Julius let an amused smile grace his face, "Now now, you know they mean well."

Ryuga blinked, "I'm sorry, I don't follow."

Merlin chuckled, "Alice is the princess of the Pendragon family, there are many nobles who want their sons to take her in marriage, for power and fame, if nothing else."

The blonde princess grumbled, "They act fake and nice everytime they see me. Why can't they just be like Ryuga?"

The young man only chuckled, and Julius sighed, "It's just for four more years, Alice."

The princess grumbled, "Can't I just skip a semester? What about Ryuga?"

Merlin smiled, "Why, he can just join you."

Ryuga blinked, "What?"

Alice blinked, "What?"

Julius nodded, "Hmm, a good idea."

The young man blinked, "Wait, you want me to join Alice at a school for nobles?"

Merlin smiled, "Of course, it's not a bad thing."

Ryuga shook his head, "Wait, what level is she even studying? She's what, 17?"

Julius smiled, very much amused by his reaction, "I believe it would be the equivalent to what you call highschool."

Merlin nodded, "If memory serves me correctly, the first three years would be in what you call highschool, and the last year would be your college, I suppose."

Ryuga blinked again, before he reasoned, "I was a second year university student before I came here, I can't join her."

Alice looked at him as if she had just been betrayed, and the young man did his best to ignore her face. Merlin smiled, "On the contrary, that makes it better, you are more than qualified to join her, and that means we can be confident in your ability to keep up with your grades."