Part 11: End to a Curse

Xxx

Later that afternoon, Ryuga and Koyomi were walking along the streets of Yogoe. Koyomi asked, "So, how is it?"

Ryuga looked around, "Pretty nice place."

The princess smiled, "It is. I guess you'd find it similar to Ikazuchi."

The hero nodded, "Yeah, oh right, there was that whole racist issue back then."

Koyomi nodded, "You've done your homework, I see. But yes, it was ages ago, but some looked down on our animalistic features, and they chased us out. Things happened, and my ancestors founded this country."

Ryuga nodded, "So I've been told."

Koyomi walked forward, "But well, that's ancient history. Some of the older people may still find it to be uncomfortable to deal with us though."

The hero nodded, "I see, that makes sense."

The princess smiled, "Now, enough depressing talk, let's go get some food. You can't get the fried tofu anywhere else."

Ryuga chuckled, "Really now?"

The pair made their way to a modest stall, and Koyomi sat down, "Hey old man! We're here!"

A middle aged man with brown hair and a pair of fox ears on his head, made his way to the front, "Yes, I can see you're here."

The man noticed Ryuga, who sat beside Koyomi, "So, what can I get ya?"

Koyomi spoke, "The usual for me... And one for him too."

The man nodded, "Alright, coming right up!"

He turned to start working, and Ryuga asked, "So, what's this place?"

Koyomi didn't answer, for it came from the owner himself, "This place is one that sells goddamn good food, that's what it is!"

The girl giggled, "Same as always huh?"

The man smirked, "Can't say the same for you, when was the last time you willing dragged a guy along with you?"

If that sparked a reaction from her, neither men saw it.

After a short moment, the owner of the stall came back with two sets of food, comprising of a mixture of rice, stir fried veges and a ton load of fried tofu.

Koyomi grinned, "Thank you."

Ryuga nodded, "Thanks."

The owner nodded as the two started eating. As soon as they did, Ryuga blinked, "Oh, not bad..."

The man laughed, "Right?"

The owner wiped his hands with a cloth, "Alright, I'll leave you to eat in peace then."

Ryuga nodded in response as the man entered the back of the stall.

Koyomi smiled as she ate, "Temujin was a close friend of my parents, he's actually taken care of me a few times."

The hero nodded, "I see."

Soon, they finished their meal, and after paying, they continued their stroll.

Koyomi stretched in satisfaction, "Fwuahh, that was a nice lunch! Haven't had the old man's tofu in ages!"

Ryuga smiled, "It was pretty nice."

The brunette grinned, "Right?"

"Koyomi? You're back?"

The two turned to see a muscular young man with white spiky hair in a black yukata.