Part 3: A party? A new adventure?

In case anyone is wondering. The characters I have revealed so far are based on:

Arima Ryuga - Kirito (SAO) with glasses
Danny - Kitamura Motoyasu (Shield hero)
Nick - Tatsumi (Akame ga Kill)
Julius - Diseum von Earlshide (Kenja no Mago)
Alice vi Pendragon - Angelina Kudou Shields (Mahouka Kokou no Rettousei)
Arthur vi Pendragon - Arthur Pendragon (Fate/Prototype)
Merlin - Merlin (FGO - but with shorter hair)

XXX

Ryuga, Danny and Nick blinked at the king's announcement, and the spear hero blinked, "Gather a party, and train?"

Julius nodded, "Yes. My predecessors, or at least, those who have summoned heroes, all have done the same thing. You will go train in a group separately, and once you have reached a certain point, we will discuss how we would go forward."

The king paused, and added, "At least, until five years are over."

The three men pondered the idea, before Nick asked, "But how are we gonna get a team? We know no one, aside from all of you, of course."

Julius regarded the young man, "Worry not. I have already gotten my advisors to select a few promising adventurers to help. You will all have a team ready."

Danny whistled, "Sweet."

Ryuga nodded, before he realized he probably wouldn't do well in a team, and he spoke up, "Uhh, your majesty, sir, I don't think I'm suited for a team."

Julius raised an eyebrow, "Hmm, and why not?"

Merlin chuckled and answered before the man could, "Ah I see... My lord, Ryuga's unique abilities do pose a problem to train in teams. He alone killed a Category Jack drakon, and his transformation would put any allies at risk if they are too close."

The king pondered the idea, and nodded, "I see. That makes sense. But it is still dangerous for him to go out on his own."

The wizard nodded, "Indeed it is, maybe we can let him have a partner?"

Alice spoke up, "In that case, I'll be his partner."

Everyone looked at the girl, and Arthur sighed, "Alice, you have your duties as a princess."

Julius nodded, "And don't think I don't know you just want to go on adventures like you did."

The princess glared lightly at her father and brother, folding her arms.

Merlin laughed wholeheartedly, "Actually, I think that is a good idea."

Ryuga blinked, something mirrored by both the king and the prince, "You do?"

The wizard nodded, a certain glint in his eyes, "Indeed. The princess will, regardless of the king's warnings, go out on adventures and hunts. And besides, Arthur, we know Alice won't succeed the throne. Plus, there's still a few months before school starts again. How about we let her have her fun?"

The old king sighed, rubbing his temples. After pondering the idea for a while, Julius nodded, "Very well, Alice can join Ryuga as his partner."

The blonde princess visibly beamed, "Yes!"

Julius sighed, "Enough, before I change my mind."

He looked at the other two heroes, "Now, Arthur, you mind showing them their teams?"

The prince nodded and walked down from beside the throne, "Follow me."

Danny and Nick quickly followed him, leaving Ryuga, Alice, Merlin and Julius in the room. The king glanced at Alice, before at Ryuga, and he sighed, "I suppose you two can go start on your journey then."