Chapter 1 - Introductions 🌌

(KAMINO - EARLY 'JANUARY' OF 19 BBY - LATE MORNING)

A long time ago, on a planet far, far away...

Like, seventy thousand light years away from the Galactic Core... talking about just outside the boundaries of the galaxy here, people...

A freakishly tall, some would say elegant sentient species of isolationists were practically forgotten by the universe until a Jedi Master named Obi-Wan Kenobi noticed an error in the Jedi Archives when investigating an assassination attempt on Senator Padme Amidala. He ended up rediscovering the elusive aquatic, extragalactic planet of Kamino inhabited by its equally shifty species with hermit-like tendencies: the Kaminoans.

With long necks that made easy maneuverability only the stuff of dreams, oblong heads dotted with two almond-shaped black eyes with white pupils that were the stuff of nightmares, and slender bodies with equally stick-like limbs that made them pretty frail, really their only virtue was that because of their frame structure, all members of that race possessed such a graceful, gliding walk that it would make any person of high society incredibly jealous.

'What about their personalities?' You may ask, 'Couldn't that make up for any physical limitations?'

Hate to break it to ya, but I don't think a race of people so fondly called 'aiwha-bait' by their little scientific achievements have very many positive qualities to their personality, if any at all. And there's not really any other opinions out there, because the only time these antisocial technicians 'branched out' was when a person (preferably a rich one) learned of their special sciencey skills (cloning anything and everything) and exchanged a butt-load of creds for either a simple creation of a security/work force, or in other cases (which Obi-Wan discovered) whole kriffing armies that are genetically modified specifically for warfare.

The Clone Troopers that fought for the Galactic Republic during the Great War against the Confederacy of Independent Systems were considered by the Kaminoans as their finest army ever created. but that didn't mean they were allowed to eat a five-course meal with the Prime Minister, or be provided with proper clothing, or even given something so simple as a name. No, clone troopers were thought of as nothing more than Kaminoan property, and were treated as such. They dined in the mess hall with a tray filled with food designed to be more nutritional than tasty, their bodies were adorned with either training armor or a simple, itchy red tunic/pants combo with chunky grey boots, and they were only given a number upon coming out of the cloning tanks. And if that wasn't conforming enough, their very genetic structure was modified so that they couldn't try to stand up for themselves even if they wanted to - they were blindly obedient, save only for a few who were either killed or succeeded in deserting.

There were rumors that the Kaminoans experimented on specific creations, except it was not of the 'changing-their-diet-and-seeing-how-it-affected-their-overall-well-being' variety. They labeled it 'Endurance Training' but in reality, it was a torture session with various instruments, concoctions and mental affliction that they justified by saying it was preparing the troopers for such a time that they are captured by enemy forces, so they wouldn't give up any information on the Republics weaknesses.