Broken

(The chapter opens with a sheriff interrogating Jodie, Y/N and Maddie while they don't speak much)

Lt. J. Sherman: I found you 3 by the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere... Was there an accident?

(The flashback starts in the night with dogs and cops carrying police lanterns while investigating the forest.)

(Jodie and her friends stay silent.)

Lt. J. Sherman: Did someone try to hurt you 3...?

(The flashback starts as they try to run away and gunshots can be heard.)

(Lt. J. Sherman stands up.)

Lt. J. Sherman: How about a name? Someone I could contact? You 3 must have family... friends... someone who could tell me who you 3 are?

(The flashback comes to a homeless man greeting them.)

Stan: Hey...

(Flashback ends.)

Lt. J. Sherman: You 3 don't talk much, do you 3?

(Jodie and her friends stay silent again.)

Lt. J. Sherman: Well, If you 3 don't help me, I can't help you 3...

(Jodie and her friends still stay silent.)

Lt. J. Sherman: We're getting nowhere...

(Lt. J. Sherman notices a scar.)

Lt. J. Sherman: Is that a scar? Is that recent...?

(As Sherman tries to reach his hand, strangely a mug flies out to the wall breaking it and spilling coffee in it.)

(The scene transitions to one of the cars, in middle of the rain, showing that Nathan was speaking on cellphone.)

Nathan: You've got to stop them! They have no idea what they're up against! Tell them to wait until I get here... Oh Christ! Get back to them immediately, you hear me?! You've got to stop them!!!

(Nathan hangs up his phone in anger.)

Nathan: Fools! Goddamn fools!

(Maddie sitting in the chair, starts speaking.)

Maddie: We know. They're coming.

(The agents started entering and they're about to look for Jodie, Y/N and Maddie, the soldiers are prepared in position, the general commands Lt. J. Sherman to open the door as they're prepared to shoot the girls, but the screen fades in black. The scene transitions to a part outside the office and Nathan stops his car only to look at the messed up office, because Aiden, B/N, and Loki presumably destroyed the soldiers and he looks at the officer and looks disappointed.)

Nathan: Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie... What have you 3 done...?

(Nathan looks at the disaster on the office and the chapter ends.)