Black Sun

This chapter takes place November 14, 2014. As the chapter begins, it shows General  McGrath speaking about both the Entities, and the Infraworld. As he continues, he says that they have found a way to connect these entities to soldiers at will. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie, clearly indifferent about their approach, leaves the room. Outside, Ryan is sitting alone, and Maddie muses about the entire situation with him. They contemplate their choices, their life, and eventually, Ryan requests that they build a new life together. Maddie says she needs more time to think and tells him that Belle is his daughter. Regardless of her choice, he reminds her that he'll be there for her and Belle. The two's discussion is interrupted by Cole, as he calls Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie to follow him upstairs.

As they make their way, Cole confronts them about how hard making decisions is, with Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie agreeing. He comforts them by asking them to just follow their hearts, and if they do, they'll make the right decision. When they arrive, Cole reminds Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie to be careful when speaking with Nathan. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie nod, knock on the door in front of them, and promptly enter the room. Jodie, Y/N, Maddie and Nathan reunite, with Nathan clearly happy that they're safe. The four share a hug, with Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie afterward saying that it's now the CIA's turn to keep their end of the bargain. Nathan offers Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie an envelope, containing 4 passports and 500,000 dollars in the form of a check.

As Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie turn to leave with Belle, Nathan stops them with a sad look. He reminisces aloud about the events after his wife and daughter died, and admits that he began to feel suicidal, even going into a depressive state knowing he'd never be able to hold them again. Nathan then states that after Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie came, he realized "it was with me all along." With a control, Nathan reveals a secret room, and he admits he had been studying the Infraworld for the military, in hopes of seeing his family again. He muses that after several years, he has finally protected a portal to the other world. Distorted, translucent figures appear, as he mutters his Laura and Helen's names aloud. He admits that he comes to see them daily, and that one day they'll reunite, as he's working on modifying it so that one could communicate with the Infraworld.

Clearly distressed, Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie ask what they have to do with this. Nathan requests their help to speak with his deceased family. If Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie accept, they take his hands, and with the help of Aiden, B/N, and Loki, is possessed by Helen. Nathan is overjoyed, but as she speaks, she begs that he let them go, even going to admit he's causing them pain. She pleas that he let them die and rest in peace. Nathan, unable to cope, believes that Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie are faking the entire thing. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie say that he's keeping them there, and they shouldn't be kept between two worlds at a time. Nathan, still in denial, says it's not true, that he knows they want to be with him again. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie persist, saying that if he really cares, he shouldn't try to keep them from passing on. Regardless, Nathan continues to argue against Jodie's, Y/N's, and Maddie's consoling. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie offer a simple goodbye, saying that they hope he finds peace.

Jodie, Y/N,  and Maddie leave, and as they attempt to enter the elevator, they are cornered by DPA officers from each direction, and are ultimately knocked out. When they awake, they are face-to-face McGrath. He greets them, saying that they put them in a difficult situation. They can't let them go, yet they can't kill them either. He concludes there is only one appropriate solution, they'll inject them with a neuro-acid that will put them in a permanent coma, the same thing they did with their mothers. McGrath lets out an unenthusiastic "Goodbye, Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie", saying that they'll always be grateful for their help. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie pass out again, and when they wake up, they're on a rolling bed, ultimately seeing Nathan. He admits that they made him open his eyes, and Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie pled for help. Yet, Nathan persists in talking about accessing the Infraworld. He says that he'll deactivate the Containment field, and the Infraworld will cross into their dimension, having life and death united in a single world. But Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie argue that it's not just souls on the other side, it's death itself. Nathan asks that they just trust him, that everything will turn out fine.