The Condenser

Nathan wakes Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie in the middle of the night, and they get into his car. He explains to them that the scientists opened a passage to the Infraworld, and they need them to destroy this portal, much to his reluctance. They arrive at the DPA facility, crowded with policemen, paramedics, firemen and injured personnel. Nathan offers them a chance to go back home but Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie say that they need to do this. As they make their way to the building Cole will argue with Nathan that they shouldn't be sending Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie in, but Nathan rebukes that they are the only ones who are capable of closing the rift. Around the front entrance are several injured scientists being aided by paramedics. Nathan explains that they have no idea what to expect in there and tells Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie to be careful.

When Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie enter the building there are many blood spatters on the floor and walls and the hallways have been damaged by some sort of creature. As they attempt to enter an elevator at the end of the hall they notice something is blocking the elevator on the ground floor. Aiden, B/N, and Loki will then have to venture down the shaft, and push a suitcase away from the stuck doors, allowing Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie access. Inside the elevator is a dead scientist, which makes Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie panic and fall over in horror. After taking a second to collect themselves they descend to the fourth floor.

On the fourth floor Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie can interact with the corpse of the scientist and see his last moments with Aiden's, B/N's, and Loki's help. Upon going over to a soldier slumped in front of a door, he will gasp awake, warning Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie to go back, but he soon dies from his injuries. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie pull him away from the door and opens it. In the hallway after the door another body of a scientist will be nearby, which is not interactable. At the end of the hallway another door blocks Jodie's, Y/N's, and Maddie's progress and Aiden, B/N, and Loki has to open it from the other side. They push a button that opens the door, and allows Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie to enter a spacious room surrounded by flames.

More bodies are present, and several of them can be interacted with. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie enter another room, possibly the server room, and finds another dead body. Aiden, B/N, and Loki can knock over a supply closet as well as a metallic grate blocking the way to the ducts, and allow Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie to continue.

Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie enter another room and hears men and women screaming, visible entities destroying everything. Several dead bodies, along with entities, are present. They will turn on a radio as Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie pass, which can either be left alone or turned off. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie will eventually get stuck, surrounded by glass walls. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie can use a chair to destroy it, or let Aiden, B/N, and Loki push a table into the glass, granting access forward.

Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie encounter a wall of fire blocking their way with a dead fireman next to it. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie can read the man's body to find out that a fire extinguisher is on the other side of the fire, which Aiden, B/N, and Loki can push through the flames to her, allowing them to extinguish the flames. After entering a glass room, Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie will encounter a dead scientist in a chair to the left, who will be possessed by an entity before falling over if interacted with. They will also find a frightened scientist hiding in the corner of the room. He will tell Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie about the entities and appear visibly shaken. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie tell him to go to the elevators to escape, the scientist will ask if they're going to stay behind. As he attempts to make his way to the elevator he gets possessed by one of the entities and starts to attack Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie. After attempting to kill them, Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie will subdue him and enter another room.

In the next room, Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie are attacked by various pieces of furniture and equipment controlled by the entities, but manages to fend them off. Afterwards they enter an icy hallway and into the only accessible room, to their right. At the back, they collect a pass card from a dead body. All the dead bodies, those seen in the hallway and those in the same room as Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie are, will rise up and try to kill them. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie flee and encounter a locked door. While Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie figure out how to open it, Aiden, B/N, and Loki will kill the "zombies" before they get too close to Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie. When done, a cinematic comes up, closing the door to the icy hallway just to get in an anteroom leading to the final room.

After opening the door, Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie find a room with a switch to close the portal, situated on the console right under the window. They activate it, but nothing happens. They notice another console outside the control room and near the portal. As Jodie. Y/N, and Maddie make their way from the control room, along a narrow path, and up a ladder, Aiden, B/N, and Loki fend off the entities trying to kill Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie activate the switch at the very top, causing the portal to bring all the entities back into the rift and destroying the condenser that was keeping the rift open. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie are almost sucked into the portal and dazed from the blast that follows.

When they come to, they morbidly realize that the rift may have sucked Aiden, B/N, and Loki in as well. They scream Aiden's, B/N's, and Loki's names desperately, and Aiden, B/N, and Loki, who are still linked to Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie, make their presence known. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie tell them to not scare them like that.

Outside of the building, Nathan embraces Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie and expresses that he shouldn't have ever sent them inside in the first place. Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie hug him back but says that they shouldn't build another, as next time there will be nothing left. Nathan looks horrified as he re-embraces Jodie, Y/N, and Maddie.