Werewolf Hunting

I sat perched upon the tree branch, occasionally looking through my binoculars. It was a wonderful day in March, the sun high in the sky, and even though I should be in school, I was here, at the park, looking for anything abnormal. Only the wind rustling through the trees and the occasional car horn was all the sound there was.

Again, I'm going nowhere. I'm a fourteen year old obsessed with the supernatural and spend half my life dedicated to it, I don't have many friends except for by best friend who's probably hating me for ditching her in school, and my parents yell at me to focus on school. Yeah, I'm a mess, I thought to myself.

A sudden growl caught my attention, spiking adrenaline. Oh man, what is it? I wondered eagerly. I peered through my binoculars, scanning the area. There was nothing apart from the grass and baby blue sky. Disappointed, I dropped the binoculars back around my neck and got ready to get down and go to school.

A low snarl made my blood run cold. No, not a low snarl, more like an evil, menacing growl that no creature on this Earth could make. I slowly counted backward from ten, hoping that this might have been a dream. When I got to zero, that same growl could still be heard down below. Gulping, I slowly looked down at the source of the noise, and almost screamed at what I saw

It was big, maybe even a half of the size of the tree I was in. It's glowing yellow eyes stood out, as if orbs that held you in place, and worse, it was forming an evil grin. It's deep gray fur made it scarier too, giving it an appearance of a werewolf.

Realizing my stupidity, I fumbled in my pocket for my camera to take a picture, as proof that what I saw was real. After the flash, the creature closed its eyes and stepped back, before clawing at the tree. I looked at the creature, than at the exit. My chances of getting out alive weren't good. If I can just make it to the diner, I'd be safe.

On the other hand, I could stay here and be murdered by an actual werewolf (or creature).

Adrenaline pumping through my veins, I made my choice. I shoved my camera in my pocket, stood up on the branch, and looked one last time at the exit, and then the creature. Gulping in fear with cold sweats beading me face, I made a run for it.

I pushed my legs faster and faster, not daring to look back at the monster behind me. My surroundings went by in a blur, but the monster's menacing growl could still be heard. Five feet, four feet, three feet . . .

WHACK!

I didn't know what happened, but I was on the ground, feeling like the side of my head exploded. I clutched, realizing it hurt to touch or even have hair touch it.

The werewolf!

"Hey kid, get in. Allie's mad you left her in class. Get up, it's ten thirty." came a grumpy voice.

Oh, crap. I stood up and did a three sixty. The werewolf was nowhere in sight, and it was as if nothing happened. Desperate for answers, I raced back to the tree and saw the evidence. The claw marks. I ran my fingers across the rough bark, remembering what happened. I took out my camera, took a picture, and then look back at my dad. What did he say?

"Let's go! Second class or you're late!" he shouted before honking the horn. So he hit me with his car and doesn't care if I'm hurt or not? And he called himself a father.

I walked back over to the car, taking my time to make him mad, just for payback. Once inside his grungy Jeep, he actually looked at me. We looked nothing alike, other than the streaks of brown we had in our hair. He wore round glasses, had a face that made him look like a grandfather, and didn't care about much except for his paycheck and bed every night.

"You're mom wants to take you school and give you lunch money, and I told her I'd do it." he said. He took out a quarter and flung it at me, not giving me a chance to react. It hit me on my temple, where my knot was.

"You idiot!" I screamed, feeling the pressure. "That hurt!"

"Watch your tone or I'll make it worse." he threatened.

Good thing you aren't me real dad, thought bitterly.

I took the quarter and we sat in silence as he drove me to school. I wondered if Allie would be too mad at me for ditching first class. I rolled my eyes as I remembered my schools schedule. There are so many students and so few teachers it was split up so each grade would have a certain amount of classes and the whole time frame was still messed up to me. I was a sophomore so I had four classes, but instead of being let out around noon, each class was around an hour and a half to two hours, but they gave us an hour break in between.

I felt bad for leaving Allie there all alone. I was considering inviting her over tomorrow night when I was jerked forward, and then thrown out of the car.

"See you later, hooker." he called to me, before slamming the door shut and speeding away.

I swear, I will cut his heart out, make him eat it, and then tie his intestines around his neck, I thought darkly. And I'll enjoy every minute of it.

Trying to look on the bright side of life, I walked into the school lobby.

____________________________________________________________________

Sorry if the first chapter sucks - Shadow