Chapter Sixteen

I looked at Allie, she looked back at me, and we took off running down to the other side, not looking back, only concentrating on our speed to get us to the finish where we would be safe.

Come one! All those times racing Lucas built something! I yelled at myself. Three . . . two . . . one!

"Safe!" yelled the gym teacher as we ran into the mats, laughing like idiots. 

"Woo!" I yelled, as Allie and I high-fived each other.

"Why can't you all run like Lilly and Allie? They are fit, unlike you little girls!"

Allie and I started laughing. We weren't fit, Lucas just made us run five laps and race him several times. The teacher jerked his thumb to the bleachers, meaning Allie and I could be done for the hour. Everyone student in the gym gave us loathing looks as we sat at the top and looked down on them being barked at.

We kept seeing some pack members when they were able to sneak on school grounds, and Alec and Roy came whenever they could. Mom couldn't do anything about it here and there was no way we would stop seeing them. It was asking too much. Well, and we said we had to do extra things for gym to get to Lucas so we could get exercise. He said it usually helped with the transformation and we couldn't argue, since we needed all the help we could get.   

"What are you going to tell her about the sessions?" asked Roy during break.

"Tell her I have after school tutoring, since I'm failing math." I said. It wasn't a total lie, I was almost failing it. 

"Isn't it sad though, we have to lie to do anything these days." commented Allie, who was holding Alec's hand. They were together, and after the cops came, she became a lot more understanding and a bit smarter, and started to change her attitude. It was nice. 

"Yeah," I agreed, nodding. "It's a part of the curse, something we have to live with now."

"She seems to have changed. She looks like she wants to kill us now." Allie said.

"I know." I said sadly.

Mom changed since the day Allie ran home with the police. She didn't speak to us in like she used to, only making sure we were home or interrogating us why we were late. Sometimes she looked at us loathing, other times in fear. I didn't know what was wrong with her, and neither did Allie. We tried ignoring it, and usually thought it revolved around Henry.

"Hey, losers!" came a high pitched voice.

"Go away." I said, not turning around to face her.

"I said hey, you slut." she said. forcing me to turn around.

"I said go away you whore." I said, crossing my arms.

She was still deathly pale, but it looked like she hadn't eaten in days and her hair was so blonde now it was almost white. It was a bit scary, and it reminded me of the night at the restaurant. She looked like a vampire, but it wasn't possible. Was it?

"I'm not the one with the cops on her ass." she sneered.

How would she know that?

"How would you know that?" I asked.

"It's all over the school, there are no secrets in this town." she said, smirking like she was the boss. 

Yes there are you stupid - 

"Great, so now there's more shit to deal with," complained Allie. "just freaking, great!" 

"Who asked you, fatty?" 

"Look, get the hell away before something bad happens," I warned, clenching my fists. 

She stood there, hand on her chest as if flattered by my threat. Looking at her face revealed she had bags under her arctic blue eyes, poorly covered with make up. A small part wondered if she was doing alright, but the other wanted to jump her and smash her face in.