Chapter Seven

If it wasn't for the fact we were growing more paranoid by the hour, it was because Allie thought we should watch a marathon of vampire movies to get our minds off the werewolf. That wasn't the best, but it helped. We made fun of the Twilight movies and sat through all the horror classics, and it took our minds off the problem for a while.

This routine kept going until the next full moon, and as long as we were able to get sleep, my mom couldn't yell at us. Apart from helping with chores and keeping up with school work, she didn't usually talk to us. She might have been worried about Henry coming after us, but when I asked her, she only said it was nothing. He was locked up in jail, he wasn't going anywhere.

When the next full moon hit, I crept downstairs to check of she was down there. She was and waved, forcing me to go back up.

“Crap, she's here. What are we gonna do?” I whispered.

“I got this, just go with it,” said Allie, walking downstairs. In the living room, I heard her talk, “Um, Marie? There's an astronomy meeting that Lilly and I want to go to, and I was wondering, is it ok of we go?”

“Why isn't Lilly asking?”

“She's afraid you'll say no. It's not that far, just at the park.”

I heard finger tapping, and bit my lip, waiting for her to say 'no' but she didn't. I heard her say yes and bit my tongue to keep from squealing in joy, and went back upstairs. Allie looked at me, and we high fived each other before going downstairs. I saw my mom, and gave her a hug while saying, 'thank you' over and over until Allie drug me away.

“Wait! What time is it over?” she called.

“Either ten thirty or eleven, I'm not sure.” Allie said back.

“I want you two home as soon as it's over. If you're not home by eleven thirty I'm going to start looking.” she said sternly.

“OK, mom. Love you,” I called putting my coat on.

“Love you too,” she called back. “Allie, you got your phone?”

“Aye!” she saluted, puffing her chest out. My mom and I giggled at her and then the both of us were out the door, anticipating the danger.

It was dark, scary, a full moon. Perfect for a scene right out of a horror movie, or maybe an action one. It was still cold but that didn't phase us. We were shaky and wanted to feel the danger and adventure that was in store for us.

“Nice lie Al. Do we even has astronomy as a class?” I asked.

“I think we do, but it's only for seniors. Who cares, it worked didn't it?”

“Yeah, come one, we have limited time,” I said, and then took off running.

“Hey! Wait up!” she called.  

We were at the park and wasted no time around the hill. We kept patting it down and trying to find something, that thing we were looking for. Allie put her ear against the dirt and grass, trying to listen for anything. After a few minutes of nothing, Allie grabbed my wrist, moved, and put my ear where hers was, and went wide eyed at her. 

There were screams, howls of pain, and something that sounded like fabric tearing. We looked at each other in awe. 

"Holy crap, you found it. Now, how are we supposed to get in?" I asked. 

"We keep looking. Unless there's a hidden hatch at the top." she thought, tapping her chin. "No one really goes up there." 

"Let's go!" I called, already racing up there. 

There was the hilltop, grass covering it as the moon added its light. I got down on my hands and knees and began to feel around for anything that wasn't dirt. Allie did the same, and we were getting more and more eager to find it. 

Finally after about ten minutes of feeling around for something metal, I found it and I felt excitement wash over me. I waved Allie over and together, we lifted the hatch together. I didn't wait for her, I jumped down into the darkness and when I landed in a crouching position, I yelled for Allie. Once we were both down, we began to explore what was really under the hill. 

It was one long hallway, with various doors that had odd symbols on them, one was a wolfs head, the other was the Celtic cross, and it went on. Everything was lit by torches, like a medieval dungeon. We kept quiet and kept pressing forward, eventually coming to the end of the end of the hall where a large wooden double door was, like the one in my dream.

Oh no, this can't be it.

"Put your ear against it," Allie whispered.

I put my ear against the door and heard low voices, but the dialect was hard to distinguish. All the voices were talking at once, and it sounded like some were talking in another language. I told Allie to do it and she was smiling in a way that she was going to do something bad, really bad. She made me hide off to the side and she backed up, kicked the door open, and looked around

From the side, I saw the look of awe on her face, but that awe turned to fear when there were a series of growls aimed at her. She screamed for me to run with her, but I was frozen in place. She was running for the other end when one of the werewolves clawed her arms, tearing her coat and exposing a bleeding wound. She fell and looked like she was about to die.

"Get away!" I yelled without thinking. I couldn't control it, but I began running, and dove for the werewolf that was towering over her. "Run!"

It was tall, and on it's hind legs standing up it was nearly touching the ceiling. It's fur was a dark shade of brown, nearly black and its eyes were black, like it was thirsty for something. Fear clear on my face, it looked at me before grabbed my wrists and holding me up in the air for slaughter. Well, at least I had a nice life. 

Allie was running towards it, and punched its leg before it slapped here away and against the wall, leaving her partially conscious. It looked at me, its dark eyes gleaming in excitement. I gulped and waiting for it to be all over, but nothing came. Instead, it waited for me to open my eyes, before it ran its nails across my stomach, tearing away my coat and shirt in the process. 

The pain was horrible. It was a burning sensation that was spreading, but there was also the stinging from the marks themselves. The blood was slowly dripping downward as my vision began to get hazy. Then it bit me on the leg. and the pain was just as bad as the clawing. I was sure I was going to die down here, and Allie would to. 

Curiosity killed the cat. 

I heard the werewolf howl in triumph, and then it dropped me to the floor, retreating. I tried to stand up and get Allie, but she wouldn't wake up. Oh no, was she? The last thing I remembered was the blood dripping from both us of before finally collapsing to the floor, next to Allie.