Chapter Four

"Slender man, Slender man, you most certainly will die!" 

I sat up with my heart racing, and then children's giggles sounded. It was dark, a single light was the only thing that showed the way. A dungeon with a torch was all I could see, and whether or not I was dreaming was up for debate. 

"Slender man, Slender man, his wretched arms are for collecting . . . "  

I covered my ears and tried to think. What happened last? Nothing came up, but a thundering sound and the song stopping was what scarred me. The song skipped a few times, and then the words were scrambled, and the, it stopped all together. The thundering sound came after, but it was probably just a storm. 

"H - hello? Is anybody here?" I called out. 

No answer. I got up and started walked, the coldness of the walls going farther down then they should. After walking to then end of the hall, a pair of dark red double doors appeared, a skull lock on the chains that ran all around it. 

What the hell was going on? 

I started knocking in hope that someone would answer. After a few more tries, someone opened the door. She was dressed in a maids outfit, holding a feather duster and a sad look on her face. Her black hair was pinned up behind her and her eyes wore the same tired expression she did. 

"Ah yes, Ms. Woods, come in, come in. He's been expecting you," she said, ushering me into the room. 

How did she know my name? And who was 'he?'

The foyer was big, with vases of flowers and plants lining the tables, alive and bright with life and in contrast to the rest of the room, it looked odd. I followed her through some door and down some hallways until we reached a metal door.

"Go right in," she said faintly before disappearing.

I gulped and hesitated. If this was a dream, whatever was on the other side couldn't hurt me. If this was real, I might be close to my death.

The door opened from the other side, and there in the black suit and tie, stood the Slender man. I screamed and then the song made sense. It was playing as a warning, as a chance to escape.

"No! I'm too old!" I screamed, kicking and screaming.

"Then wake the fuck up already!"

My eyes flew open and through the dark, I saw Allie's face trying not to laugh like a maniac at me. My heart was still racing with sweat covering my face, but it was a dream, and just a dream. 

"Allie, get away from my face before I bite it off. What time is it?" I asked, yawning. 

"It's eleven at night and a full moon. You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?" she asked, smiling in a creepy way.

"Fuck yeah, let's go. Try not to wake up the drunk." I agreed, jumping to my feet.

We crept out of the room quietly and got out the door without waking him, and the night was amazing. The full moon illuminated the street down the middle and everything else look so nice. We took off running down the street and to the park, not stopping until we got there. The park looked so eerie when it was abandoned, without children playing and shrieking out of joy.

 "Hill?" she asked, and we both had a wicked smile on our faces. 

It was the dead of night, and no one was here to hassle us for checking out what the hill had to offer. We went over and started to feel around for something like a door, but nothing came up. 

Then a loud, piercing howl broke out from the other side, and it sounded like it was getting closer.  

Allie and I froze in place, and then slowly turned around. My heart was pounding as adrenaline began to rush through me, but what we saw made me scream. 

It was the same werewolf, the glowing yellow eyes, and that same coat of fur. Resiiting the urge to yell, "I tild you so!" in Allie's face, I nudged her as a signal to start running.

"Holy shit it's rea," she whispered.

"No, really?"  

Finally I remembered she held on to the pocket knife from my mom. 

"The knife," I whispered. "Throw it!"

"I can't reach it, it's in my pocket!"

"You wanna die here and now?" 

That was all she needed for motivation. She snatched it out, stepped backward. In an instant she threw it, both blades apart and ready to strike. She aimed it, threw it, and then she grabbed my wrist and started running. 

"This is all your fault!" she screamed.

I had no idea why she would think that, but I wondered if the knife did any damage. There was no sound from there werewolf at all. That was wither a good thing or a bad thing. Once we were on the side of the diner that meant safety, we looked behind us. The werewolf was still there, looking at us, but didn't move.

"Go, go, go!" I whispered nudging her.

We took off running down the street and back to my house, not daring to look back at the creature that we saw. I was only hoping we didn't get caught by the cops, and we didn't. We arrived back at my house and went inside, not making a sound. Henry was passed out on the couch with my gun in his hand.

How  the hell did he find it?   

I motioned for Allie to go upstairs and crept over to the drunk,  and looked at the grip he had. If I could just get him to drop it . . . I decided to rip it out of his hand and run upstairs in hopes he didn't wake up. He didn't. 

When we were back in my room, Allie was quiet. She was still scarred, and I coudln't blame her. Silently, she grabbed the blanket and slept on the floor. I slept on my bed, hoping that this wasn't going to haunt us.