Chapter Twenty Two

"Hey - wait - up a - minute!" I yelled through the crowd of students.

It was break time after first hour, and Allie and I were racing to catch up to Chelsea who acted like we didn't exist today. I knew it was for the sake of her image and everything, but she didn't have to block us out like we were roaches.

Despite how much I hated crowds, I kept running ahead of Allie until I was behind Chelsea, momentarily shocked by how pale she was. It took me a minute to remember what we talked about last time before I could talk. Social network conversation, the nothing.

"Lilly!" she hissed.

"We need to talk," I panted. "It's gotten worse."

"Hey, everyone! Look at the freak of nature groveling to Chelsea! Finally admitting she's better?" asked one of her friends, flipping her hair as if she seems smart. Her annoying voice attracted a small crowd of people, and she seemed to love it.

Pompous freak, knowing nothing other than what whores and money taught her.

Her electric blue eyes challenged me, daring me to say something that she could twist and make a new rumor. I met her stare, resisting the urge to lose control and literally rip her to shreds. Come on, Lilly. Self control.

You lack self control. You've always given into me because you're will is weak.

"I'll get the homework later, Chelsea." I mumbled, turning around.

"Not so fast freak," said her friend, catching a wisp of my hair. "It's time to make you pay for being a supernatural freak."

Instead of standing there like I knew I should, the devil conscious and the adrenalin pumping through my veins made it seem like a good idea to protest and start fight.

Come on, you know you want to it taunted.

I began shaking, and instead of screaming to call an even bigger audience, I flung my head forward. Gritting my teeth in attempts to cover up the pain worked, but what would happen next was another situation. I looked at her friend and she seemed a bit amused, if anything.

When she goes to grab the scissors slap her wrist.

How do I know I can trust you? You tried to kill me!

She annoys me and I think you should make her feel the pain and humiliation you've felt.

It seemed like a good idea and it was very tempting, did I want to say no? Before I could think, I spun around and made a fist, and punched her wrist, causing her to drop the scissors to the ground. The CLANG against the concrete was the only thing heard while looks of awe and gasps surrounded us. 

Why'd I do that, I asked myself. It was the shock that made her drop them. 

"Little bitch, it takes more than that to -- "

"Megan!" yelled Chelsea suddenly. "Quit hogging all the fun!"

I looked at her in confusion, hoping it was a ploy to get her to stop. She seemed annoyed, a sullen expression on her pale face.

"I'll make her pay on my own, I'm top bitch here. Go make someone else's life hell," she commanded. The challenge in her eyes was just asking for someone to step in and try to contradict  her.  

"Okay, okay," Megan said, backing off. She picked up the scissors and started walking away slowly. looking back to see if she would continue the humiliation. Chelsea must have gave her a look, because she seemed to understand with a gleam of malice before finally going away and disappearing beyond the crowd of students.