Chapter Twenty

The grey void was annoying to look at. The sea was all I knew, and having no memory of what happened last nigh or how I ended up here, it sucked. All I could do was flail around without waking up. I couldn’t hear the devil conscious so I wasn’t sure what was wrong. Slowly I became aware of the faint sound of beeping and footsteps and I opened my eyes to a hospital room. 

A freaking hospital. The IV was in, the room was too bright and almost completely white, freaking me out even more. Heart racing, I looked around the room and then stopped. I was sharing a room with James, who was sleeping. What was going on? 

“I told you it wasn’t the best idea.” said a voice. 

“Well oops,” said another voice, sounding annoyed.  “It happened, now deal with it.” 

“Well aren’t you blunt,” 

When I heard them coming closer I turned to my side to face the door and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I didn’t want to see them for some reason. When I felt someone take my hand my plan was instantly over. I pulled my hand away and opened my eyes, was ready to scream at whoever did it, but looked away when I saw it was Roy.

“Someone’s jumpy.” he said, smiling. I felt a burst of joy seeing him here, and him smiling at me made the butterflies come back.

“Shaddup,” I said, looking at him. “What happened?” 

“Oh you know, lost control, destroyed a block of the town, bleeding.” he accused, looking at me. I turned away when he talked again. “If it means anything, I wasn’t much better. Half of the playground was destroyed.” 

That made me a laugh a bit. “Father’s going to be pissed at us.” 

“He is. He’s making us have more sessions to deal with it.” he chuckled. “It’s funny, we’re the trouble makers but we have an excuse.” 

“That we won’t take for granted.” I reminded him, even though I was tempted to do it. “Where’s the lovebirds?” 

“Outside the room. Alec kind of threw a piece of raw meat at Allie, she threw it back, you can imagine the rest.” he explained, chuckling. "It was great to see Lucas encourage them, but he got yelled at by Katrina and Adam.” 

“Sounds like it,” I said, peeking over at James. “Shouldn’t he be out of here by now?” 

“I don’t know, I want to see what’s going on, it’s been boring without him, and Adam doesn’t have anyone to talk to.” he said. 

“That’s it! Screw you!” yelled a furious Allie. She stormed in and sat on the other side of the bed and after punching the other chair a few times, she smiled and looked at us. “You okay?” 

“Peachy,” I said, smiling and making an okay sign. “What happened out there?”

“Alec’s being stupid and I’m tired of his games now. So, how’s it feel being the one responsible for the destruction of a whole block?” 

“Allie.” warned Roy.

“Stop it. Allie it’s not really something to be proud of, it just shows that I can’t be trusted when transformed.” I confessed, looking down. “Besides, if there’s no progress I’ll just be killed.” 

“No, there’s one more option. If it doesn’t get better, there’s a place in Mexico that can help. But that’s the last resort. After that you die.” explained Roy. I glared at him. “But it won’t happen.” 

“You don’t know that.” I said. 

“Holy shit!” screamed someone. “Oh it’s you.”