Chapter Twenty Five

I had never actually been in the Industrial Park, but Mom had driven past it enough times to see the main features. Smoke stacks high in the sky polluting the world, the noise of machines running day after day. There was a reason people can't live by them. Lucky for us, Roy knew his way around the place. "When first turned, this place was soothing at night," was all he said when looked at funny.

Through the gate and no trespassing signs, it was clear to see why this place was supposed to be abandoned soon. Leaky pipes all over, several notices were littered on the ground for various reasons. Lights from all around the park were crackling and burning out.

"We'll be hiding towards the entrance, don't worry." Alex whispered hastily. "Scream if you need us."

I wondered of he could see the unamused looks on everyone's faces in the remaining dim lights. Now he failed to be optimistic. Roy nodded at me before disappearing with Alec, leaving Allie and I to go deeper into the heart of the park. I could hear her whispering to herself comforting words as we descended further, but it was clear or wasn't working. I felt myself shaking in fear, but a few quick words seemed to help.

It has to be done. The fate of The Pack is decided tonight, I can't afford to chicken out! Allie has to get her shit together too, she's almost never afraid.

When we were at the very back, it was clear Roy and Alex followed us back, undetected. The feeling of security we both felt could only be explained by them. Pushing aside butterflies, I had my hand on the gun, not intending to let go. Better safe than sorry, especially when death could be waiting.

"Think she'll show?" asked Allow next to me, arms crossed in aggravation.

"I'm here," said the familiar voice. Coming from around the corner, Chelsea showed herself. She looked like she was dying; deathly pale skin and she was so thin her ribs were showing. A fresh red hand print sat on her cheek, and her ocean blue eyes showed fear and uncertainty. "Don't attack."

"What happened?" I whispered.

"It -- doesn't matter." she stuttered out. "What matters is -- "

"Very well, Chelsea." congratulated a meaning voice. "You can sit."

From the opposite corner came out Henry, an evil smirk on his face. He looked different too, his hair was now grey and instead of the dirty stained clothes we seen him in last, he was clean. He seemed to radiate evil, if that was possible. What the hell was going on?

"You -- bastard!" yelled Allie, going for the pocket knife.

"Stop." I put my arm in front of her. "Explain yourselves."

The calm felt natural, and despite the fear that was I still had, it seemed to slowly ebb away as if it were nothing. Rage seemed to surface as the thought of a full moon entered my mind.

"I'm so sorry," was all Chelsea was able to say in a meek voice, letting platinum blonde hair fall over her eyes.

"What happened, you ask?" began Henry. "After your darling mother had me arrested, I discovered I enjoy killing. I made my escape, threw away the drunken guise and started planning. Werewolves and vampires aren't the only super natural creatures in town."

"Cut the shit old man, why are you trying to kill the wolf pack?" snapped Allie, getting defensive.

"Now now Allison, is that the way to get your answers?" he taunted. His smile morphed into a maniac grin that made me shiver in fear. I could only imagine the fear she must have been feeling. No one ever called her by her full name. Never. "Be good little girls and let me finish"

"Now, there is another creature. One that enjoys killing, one that has been enlightened, one that works to exterminate those who aren't accepted. The classic supernatural creatures are nothing but pests."