Chapter Thirteen

Everything looked the same through the eyes of the beast I was, but also different in a way, maybe clearer. It felt so weird to have back legs to rest on and to be covered in fur, long and smooth brown fur that was everywhere. Everyone was gone now, and I stood there with Allie, Alec and Roy, watching each other, waiting. The urge to run was incredible, like it was something that needed to happen.

I looked at Allie, her cherry red fur fuzzy and she was docile, her eyes saying she was out of it. I couldn't stay still anymore, I had to run and it was hurting my feet to stay still. I climbed up the later and took off, feeling the cold rush of air hitting me. The adrenaline rush, the full moon being out, and just running in general, it felt so good, amazing even. A howl let me know Allie wasn't that far behind, and we began to race.

The park at night was still scary, but it felt more natural now that we were werewolves. The green grass that surrounded it, the hill that was close by, and the kids stuff was natural, maybe even surreal to the scene that surrounded us in the black of night. It only added to the excitement of running while in wolf form.

What was so hard about being a werewolf, I wondered. It was like a rational part was locked somewhere deep withing a black void while the senses were taken over by the beast within, but still there.

I ran all around the park, howling at the moon every once in a while as Allie and I continued to challenge each other to races and more. Alec and Roy were only seen a few times throughout the whole time, but it was still fun. The thrill of running when transformed was something that was almost magic, combine that with the light of a full moon, and enjoy the ecstasy from it all.

It wasn't until much later we caught the smell of animals and went to hunt them for sport. Allie took off in one direction, I took off in the other and wouldn't let up. Must . . . get . . . animal . . . ! I caught it on the other side, and it turned out to be a rabbit. If the wolf wasn't in control, I would've poked it once it was dead. I think I ate it, and then raced back to the other side where Allie was waiting. We decided to take a look around town, and see what was there that we couldn't see before.

Alec and Roy looked at us, telling us that we couldn't leave the park.

Tackle him, rip him to shreds, c'mon it'll be fun.

It was so much louder, and more alluring than before. The voice, I thought about listening to it and was about to before I thought that Roy had the same problem, and he could be fighting it right now too.

You can't deny me, I'm tied with the wolf senses, you have no control.

Anger and uncontrollable blood lust running wild, I ran towards Roy and pounced on him before having him bite me, drawling blood. The a I felt a rush of wind hit my face and then tackled him, clawing him where ever I could, arms, legs, torso, anywhere. No matter how bad I wanted to stop, there was nothing that I could do. The devil conscious had taken over completely and was the one fighting and making blood go flying.

I clawed him, sinking my claws into his flesh and then I was bitten again, then the whole thing kept repeating. I would claw him, he would bite me, I bit him, he clawed me, and any whimpers or howls of pain didn't seem to phase us. All I could do was hope that it would be over soon, so that no one would get hurt too bad.

Eventually I lost track of time, and when it was dawn, an exhausting feeling taking over, dragging me down. I remembered looking at Allie still in wolf form before falling over and passing out.

~ * ~

"Damn it, I can't believe them. The blood was one thing, but passing out,"

"They're both still new, and you know how much it takes out of them when they lose control,"