Epilouge

I stood next to Roy, head in the crook of his neck, as the coffin began to close. All around people were crying, saying it wasn't fair and that he was to young. It was all true; but he died protecting his pack, the alpha's job.

Everyone took turns saying words of remembrance, and that was when I started sobbing. He was a good person, maybe a bit bull headed, but still a good person. I couldn't think of anything other to say than, "Thank you," with Allie. She broke down crying after that, leaning against Alec's shoulder to let it out. Alec and Roy had more to say than we did, but that was because they knew him longer than us.

The three lines that were on his grave were what he was known as. A son. A pack leader. A great friend to those who knew him. His mom was crying the whole time, unable to cope with the loss of her only son. It was obvious he was murdered, but the one who did it was dead to. Self defence was what happened, but the fact he jumped to keep his pack safe was the real reason.

"Please, let me say a few words," pleaded Chelsea, squeezing though the crowd. When she was on the side of the coffin, she spoke softly. "I'm so sorry, Lucas. It should have been me, you didn't deserve this,"

It was true, and even though some disagreed with her, we all knew it deep in our hearts. Father was still recovering, but Adam said his part for him at his request. Each time someone spoke, more people began to feel the loss of someone important.

Tears began to make their was down my cheeks. Roy put his arm around me, holding my closer.

"I guess we had our hopes too high," whispered Roy. "Someone was bound too."

"It's all unfair though," I choked out. "He knew -- planned it -- !"

He patted my hair, trying to calm me down. He knew we wouldn't come alone, he knew he would kill someone that night. Henry was dead now, but that didn't change the fact that Lucas was gone now. That left Adam, James, Katrina, Father, Roy, Alec, Allie the group in Asia, and me.

It was established we would always stay in a close proximity of each other. Father would go over the rest at a later time, and the Pack would vote for a new alpha. The change was scary, but a part of reality that was inevitable.

They started burying the coffin a few seconds later.

~                                                                                         ~                                                                            ~

"Voting is now over." announced Father, standing up from his throne. "Voted by you all, the new alpha is . . . Roy!"

Katrina wasn't qualified, if she was she would have been the alpha. According to her the job wasn't as interesting as being the apprentice, but Roy would have still came in second. He was strong enough and well liked. That was all it took added to the ability to defend the Pack when needed.

No party or anything special, at his request because we were still mourning Lucas. It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop to the floor. Nobody minded though, it seemed they enjoyed the silence.

I sat on the grass outside alone, watching the sunset as laughing children played below. Knees pulled to my chest, I sighed. Alec and Allie finally confessed their feelings and thought having a make out session would be okay. Everyone looked at them both in outrage when it happened. The thing was, no one could blame them.

"Hey," came a familiar deep voice.

"Hey."

I didn't want to look at him for some reason, but what he said next almost made me.

"Look, here's the thing. I like you, I think you like me?" he asked, his voice shaky as he looked straight ahead.

He came clean. He finally did, after all this time. Taking this chance to act, I gently brushed his hand, causing him to look at me.

"What does this say?" I asked, standing up.

The next moment I pressed my lips to his, arms a flung around his neck. For a minute his eyes were wide open, but then he closed them and melted into the kiss. After that, I closed my eyes and forgot the world around me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and tilted his head.

So this is the fireworks of a first kiss, now it's easy to see why it's a big deal, I mused, feeling heat travel all over. I wanted to stay like this forever, just me and him. I was waiting for the devil conscious to make a snide remark, but it never did

"Way to bold," he commented, out of breath. "Man that was long."

In response, I stuck my tongue out at him. I knew it was immature, but that was first impulse. I sat back down and yawned, looking at him, smiling.

"There's still so much." he said, almost to himself.

"We'll get through it, together." I smiled.

He sat down next to me, smiling like he was planning something. Before I could ask, he said it.

"Wonder how your mom would like it if I introduced myself as your boyfriend." he smirked.

"I think she's still pissed about last night. Besides we still have problems to sort out. The devil conscious is still prowling, the new everything -- "

"Hey. We'll work on it. Together. One without the other isn't as strong." he smiled. His amber eyes sparkled when he said it, making my heart beat faster.

"Smooth talker," I accused, smiling.

"It comes naturally," he sighed. "Come on, Father wants to go over the new rules." He held his hand out. Taking it, I resisted the urge to pull him down and snuggle. My hopes he didn't see it were foiled when he said, "Cute blush."

I jumped on his back, legs around his waist and head in the crook of his neck. I felt him smile and chuckle when we started walking.

"Shut up, you're lucky I like you." I said playfully.

It wasn't quite the end of the journey, but it seemed like the perfect place to end off. Like the end of a first part of our adventures. I didn't dare question it and ruin the perfect moment as we went down the hill, into another part. 

_____________________________________________________________________

Thank you to everyone who read this and to everyone who voted. It was fun writing this even when stuck, and I hoped you enjoyed reading it. Don't know if there will be a sequel. ~ Shadow.