Chapter 3: The Hooded Figure

You pushed your soaking wet hair out of your face and looked around to see the cause of Midnight's sudden stop. Midnight's dark fur practically blended into the night sky.

    To your left, the bushes and trees rustled. You snapped your head to face the noise only to see a cloaked figure running away.

"Midnight?" You spoke into the airy silence. You were wrong, the horse's fur didn't blend into the night. The horse wasn't even there. He had run off.

"Great," you sighed and helped yourself out of the enchanted waters. You figured the best way to the palace was to go backwards.

You trudged along the dirt path and made out Midnights hoof prints to follow. You made it through the thick forrest of trees and bushes and into a field where you could spot the bridge village once again.

At this point, you were shivering cold but you persevered down the hillside until you spotted the stable and the princes.

"Y/n?" Thor spotted you and ran up the base of the hill.

"What happened? Why are you soaked?" He asked as he helped you down onto the flat land of the garden.

"Midnight got startled and he flung me off of him and ran off. There was someone in the trees, they had a hood on thats all I could see.." You stammered as you quivered under the cold of the water.

"Loki dry her, I think there is a trespasser," Thor ordered his brother who was starting to approach. Loki complied and a green shimmer encased you. Your skin and hair dried and you felt your body return to its normal temperature.

"I'm sorry I lost Midnight, he just ran off." You apologized. He hushed you and summoned a green silky blanket.

"It's alright, he knows the way back," he assured you and walked you up to the palace entrance.

"There may be an intruder, Loki. Thor needs our help." You snapped out of the fuzzy trance you were in.

"I know he needs help. I'm taking you to our quarters and then returning to assist him." He replied and pushed the back entrance open.

"What? No, I can help," you protested.

"I'm sure you can but you need rest." Loki responded.

"I'm not tired," you argued.

"You are going to sleep, I will see you in the morning," Loki ordered and pressed the palm of his hand to your forehead. Within a couple of seconds, you blacked out as he carried you to his room.

*

"Y/n, Y/n, wake up," Loki shook you awake. You groaned and rolled over. The smell of the pillows under you was not familiar. You rolled back over and your eyes fluttered open under the bright light seeping trough the windows.

"Come on, we have to go to breakfast." Loki told you firmly.

"What time is it?" You yawned.

"I'm not sure, morning?" He questioned himself and helped you out of his bed.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep in your bed," you realized where you were and what happened the night prior.

"You apologize a lot, don't you? It's quite alright, I put you there," he chuckled and handed you sage green dress.

"Where did you sleep?" You asked as you stepped behind a dark wood divider. You threw your outfit from the night before to hang over the top and carefully slipped into the dress he had handed you.

"I slept on the couch, don't worry." He assured you.

"Oh, you didn't have too," you felt bad.

"It's alright, I simply wanted you to feel the most comfortable," he replied and held his arm out. Your arm snaked around his and he walked you out of the room and to the dining hall.

*

One more chapter because I love your comments

Olivia <3